YNet News: “Analysis: As long as the Egyptian army is growing stronger in order to transform the country into a leading force in the Sunni world and secure al-Sisi’s regime, Israel is silently trembling.
But at some point, all that military strength could take on a different—perhaps hostile—significance.”
1. In 2009, President Obama made the deliberate but fatal mistake of inviting the Muslim Brotherhood to the Cairo Speech. Three years later the Brotherhood went on to win the Presidency of Egypt.
As the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton embraced Mohamed Morsi, Egypt descended in to chaos resulting in a coup by the Egyptian military and an end to the protection that a 30 year diplomatic and military relationship with the United States provided.
2. Egypt becoming a major power is a fulfillment of Bible prophecy. At the end the of final war of Armageddon, just before the return of Jesus Christ, Antichrist will move his armies to enter the glorious land (Israel).
“At the time of the end the king of the South shall attack him; and the king of the North shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter the countries, overwhelm them, and pass through. He shall also enter the Glorious Land, and many countries shall be overthrown …” Daniel 11:40-41
Egypt, the king of South, will be the first of three kings (power blocs) to attack Antichrist:
The Battle of Armageddon will be fought by four power blocs:
- King of the North: Syria, Iraq, Russia, Iran, Turkey (Ezek. 38:1-6)
- King of the South: Egypt, North Africa, (Dan. 11:36-39, 11:40)
- Western Alliance, Beast Army of Antichrist – revived Roman Empire (Psalm 2:1-4, Rev.16:14, 19:19)
- Kings of the East – China South East Asia (Rev. 16:12)
(see Bible prophecy 101 chapters 8 and 10 – front page of website for more in the Battle of Armageddon)