Zero Hedge: “As secretary of state, Mrs. Clinton praised the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, calling it the “gold standard” of trade deals. But that was before she jumped into the presidential race. Organized labor, liberal activists and others want to scuttle TPP, so if Mrs. Clinton remained supportive, she risked a political backlash.
The Podesta leaks have also been instrumental in providing the public with insight into Hillary’s flip-flopping views on the TPP.”
Opinion: Our post from July 28 was about Hillary being against TPP. We said this: “If Hillary is elected, TPP will miraculously be tweaked to her liking, and the mammoth globalist takeover will be a done deal giving her an opening to trash the Constitution.”
- TPP is the perfect globalist scheme. The 5540 page TPP (longer than the Bible) will become a ‘living/evolving document’:
- Additional nations could be added by the president without congressional approval
- The president would be authorized to implement modifications to TPP without Congress approval
- Disputes would be handled by unaccountable international bureaucrats at the World Trade Organization (WTO) with Congress on the outside looking in
- The US would be on an equal footing with China and Russia since both have been invited to join
There is nothing about TPP that private Hillary Clinton does not love. Hillary had to flip her public description of TPP as the gold standard of trade agreements when Bernie Sanders supporters were dead against it.
Once a few changes are made to save face, public Hillary will once again be for it.
TPP is the perfect scheme to achieve Hillary’s private goal of “a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders” without that pesky Congress blocking her majesty’s dreams.