Business Insider: “This past week hasn’t been easy for the Russian economy: on Thursday, the EU foreign ministers decided to extend the sanctions on Russia by six months. Additionally, the Central Bank slashed interest rates to 15% down from 17% after the economy deteriorated following the rate hike in December.
But Morgan Stanley is forecasting a pretty scary forecast for the future too.
“We downgrade 2015 growth from -1.7%Y to -5.6%Y and revise our 2016 growth from a mild (0.8%Y) recovery to a 2.5%Y recession,” writes Morgan Stanley’s Alina Slyusarchuk.”
Opinion: In addition to Russia’s role in Bible prophecy, Morgan Stanley is oblivious to the fact that the symbol for Russia is a bear, and when a bear is backed into a corner, it will be the most dangerous.
In Joel Rosenberg’s ground-breaking book “Epicenter“, chapter 7 is titled ‘A Czar Rises In Russia’. Rosenberg is not a prophet, but he has a clear understanding of the prophetic war detailed from beginning to end in Ezekiel 38-39.
Rosenberg indicates that the geopolitical alliances we see today look eerily similar to those described by Ezekiel and that Vladimir Putin could fit the rising czar whom Ezekiel calls Gog (Ezekiel 38:1-2).
Putin’s number one goal is to restore Russia as a global powerhouse; he considers the 1991 demise of the Soviet Union the greatest tragedy of the 20th century.
Three possible wars:
- Since Ezekiel 38:11 calls for Israel to be living in peace and safety, Bible prophecy scholars place the Arab invasion of Psalm 83 as a prelude to Ezekiel.
- Putin, in defiance of the West, could move to take East Ukraine back to the Russian orbit – leaving West Ukraine free to join the European Union in partial fulfillment of Daniel 2:40-42 (revived Roman Empire)
- Shiite Muslims may be compelled to begin a war to take over Saudi Arabia, based on Islamic prophecies that King Abdullah’s death would set off events that would destabilize Saudi Arabia and culminate in the rise of Imam Mahdi (the messianic figure of Islamic eschatology).
According to Insiidetrac (investment) research, April 2015 marks an interesting 40-year cycle of war and peace:
- 1775 – Revolutionary War begins (shot heard ’round the world)
- 1815 – War of 1812 ends (British exit America)
- 1855 – Civil War timeline (events leading to war begins)
- 1895 – Spanish American War timeline (Second War for Independence in Cuba)
- 1935 – WWII timeline (Mussolini orders his troops into Abyssinia)
- 1975 – Viet Nam war ends
- 2015 – ???
According to the Bible, the number 40 has significance as a period of testing and judgment:
- The rains (in Noah’s day) fell for 40 days and nights (Genesis 7:4).
- Israel ate manna for 40 years (Exodus 16:35).
- Moses was with God on the mount, 40 days and nights (Exodus 24:18).
- Moses was again with God 40 days and 40 nights (Exodus 34:28).
- Moses led Israel from Egypt at age 80 (2 times 40), and after 40 years in the wilderness, died at 120 (3 times 40, Deut. 34:7)
- Goliath presented himself to Israel for 40 days (1 Samuel 17:16).
- David reigned over Israel for 40 years (2 Samuel 5:4, 1 Kings 2:11).
- Jesus fasted 40 days and nights (Matthew 4:2).
- Jesus was tempted 40 days (Luke 4:2, Mark 1:13).
- Jesus remained on earth 40 days after resurrection (Acts 1:3)