The Daily Beast: “It’s the clearest signal yet the US is opening another front in its ISIS war – despite promises of a limited operation. Months ago, American analysts cautioned that the battle could get out of hand.
American war planes on Thursday struck al Qaeda affiliated jihadists who attacked two groups of Western-backed-rebels-fighters the Obama administration is counting on to battle ISIS.”
Opinion: The 4 sided Chinese Checkers war rages on as the mainstream press steadfastly ignores any stories that would paint a negative light on President Obama.
- ISIS – The dominant rebel force
- Al Qaeda – Parent group of Al Nusra and Khorasan
- Al Nusra – Once the strongest group, now rivaled by ISIS
- Khorasan – al Qaeda veterans planning attacks on US homeland
- Bashar Assad’s government forces – being aided by US air strikes
- US air power striking different factions on different days
US air strikes on ISIS and Al Nusra are helping Assad, the same person responsible for over 200,000 Syrian civilian deaths and the very same person President Obama said on many occasions had to go.
U.S. planes also targeted bomb-making, staging and training facilities in the vicinity of Sarmada, a city in northwest Syria that American officials believed to be linked to the Khorasan group.
Nusra Front is a rebel group that rivals Islamic State, which has drawn the bulk of U.S. airstrikes in Syria and Iraq in recent months. Both are seen as more extreme than the U.S.-backed Free Syrian Army, which has suffered a series of recent setbacks.
To say that the US operation is strategically incoherent is a vast understatement. There are no moderate Muslim fighters in Syria or Iraq and there is no scenario currently in view that serves America’s or Israel’s interests.
The financiers are predictable:
- Iran backing the Shia army of Assad
- Russia backing Iran who is backing Assad
- Saudi Arabia backing al Qaeda, al Nusra
- Turkey is backing ISIS
- Muslim brotherhood is backing al Qaeda/Nusra/Khorasan
- US incoherent strategy
Since each nation mentioned above, except the US, is prophetically mentioned in at least one of three wars (Psalm 83, Ezekiel 38-39, Armageddon), if this is not the build-up to global war (Red Horse Revelation 6:3-4) each army and each financier will have to do this all over again.