Have you ever thought about the freedom we have because of our belief in our redemption by Jesus Christ?
- we are a new creation – 2 Cor. 5:17; Ephesians 4:22-24
- we are no longer under judgment – John 3:18; John 5:24
- we are saved by grace through faith – Romans 11:6; Ephesians 2:8-9
- we will not be subjected to God’s wrath – Romans 5:9; 1 Thess. 4:16-17
- we cannot lose our salvation – Jude 1:24; Phil. 1:6
- we are seen by God as perfected by Christ’s blood – Romans 8:1-11; Ephesians 1:13-14
- we are children of God – John 1:12; 1 John 3:1
- we have an intercessor in heaven – Romans 8:34; 1 Tim. 2:5
- we are not slaves to sin – Romans 6:14-18; 1 Cor. 6:19-20
- we will reign with Jesus, our King – 1 Peter 2:9; Rev. 5:9-10
We are free from the Law of Moses, we are free from condemnation, we have liberty as believers, but we are not free to break the law of love, Mark 12:30-31; Ephesians 5:1-2.
We are truly free only when we love and obey Jesus, John 14:21; 1 John 5:3-5.
Our salvation is secured by our faith; but our life on earth, in the flesh, will not be blessed if we are not following (obeying) what Jesus taught, 2 Timothy 2:21-26; Hebrews 12:5-8.
Click the blue headline link at top to read today’s Sunday study.