The National Interest: “Prior to the February 17, 2011, “Day of Rage,” Libya had a national budget surplus of 8.7 percent of GDP in 2010, with oil production at 1.8 million barrels per day, on track to reach its goal of 3 million barrels per day. Currently, oil production has decreased by over 80 percent. Following the revolution, the Libyan economy contracted by an estimated 41.8 percent, with a national deficit of 17.1 percent GDP in 2011.
Before the revolution, Libya was a secure, prospering, secular Islamic country and a critical ally providing intelligence on terrorist activity post–September 11, 2001. Qaddafi was no longer a threat to the United States. Yet Secretary of State Hillary Clinton strongly advocated and succeeded in convincing the administration to support the Libyan rebels with a no-fly zone, intended to prevent a possible humanitarian disaster that turned quickly into all-out war
Despite valid ceasefire opportunities to prevent “bloodshed in Benghazi” at the onset of hostilities, Secretary Clinton intervened and quickly pushed her foreign policy in support of a revolution led by the Muslim Brotherhood and known terrorists in the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.”
Opinion: The decision to legitimize the Muslim Brotherhood began in 2009. The Brotherhood’s spiritual leader, Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi, a fierce anti-Semite who had been banned in Egypt for 30 years, wrote an open letter to President Obama arguing terrorism was a direct response to U.S. foreign policy.
Let’s get into the way-back machine to recall how the Obama/Clinton/Muslim Brotherhood connection began courtesy of Front Page Mag July 22, 2012:
- 2009: Obama travels to Cairo to deliver apologetic speech to Muslims, and infuriates the Mubarak regime by inviting banned Brotherhood leaders to attend. Obama deliberately snubs Mubarak, who was neither present nor mentioned. He also snubs Israel during the Mideast trip.
- 2010: State Department lifts visa ban on Tariq Ramadan, suspected terrorist and Egyptian-born grandson of Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna.
- 2010: Obama meets one-on-one with Egypt’s foreign minister, Ahmed Aboul Gheit, who later remarks on Nile TV: “The American president told me in confidence that he is a Muslim.”
- 2010: The Brotherhood’s supreme guide calls for jihad against the U.S.
- 2011: Qaradawi calls for “days of rage” against Mubarak and other pro-Western regimes throughout Mideast
- 2011: Riots erupt in Cairo’s Tahrir Square. Crowds organized by the Brotherhood demand Mubarak’s ouster, storm buildings.
- 2011: The White House fails to back longtime ally Mubarak, who flees Cairo.
- 2011: White House sends intelligence czar James Clapper to Capitol Hill to whitewash the Brotherhood’s extremism. Clapper testifies the group is moderate, “largely secular.”
- 2011: Qaradawi, exiled from Egypt for 30 years, is given a hero’s welcome in Tahrir Square, where he raises the banner of jihad.
- 2011: Through his State Department office, William Taylor — Clinton’s special coordinator for Middle East transitions and a longtime associate of Brotherhood apologists —gives Brotherhood and other Egyptian Islamists special training to prepare for the post-Mubarak elections.
- 2011: The Brotherhood wins control of Egyptian parliament, vows to tear up Egypt’s 30-year peace treaty with Israel and reestablishes ties with Hamas, Hezbollah.
- 2011: Obama gives Mideast speech demanding Israel relinquish land to Palestinians, while still refusing to visit Israel.
- 2011: Justice Department pulls plug on further prosecution of U.S.-based Brotherhood front groups identified as collaborators in conspiracy to funnel millions to Hamas.
- 2011: In a shocking first, the State Department formalizes ties with Egypt’s Brotherhood, letting diplomats deal directly with Brotherhood party officials in Cairo.
- April 2012: The administration quietly releases $1.5 billion in foreign aid to the new Egyptian regime.
- June 2012: Morsi wins presidency amid widespread reports of electoral fraud and voter intimidation by gun-toting Brotherhood thugs — including blockades of entire streets to prevent Christians from going to the polls. The Obama administration turns a blind eye, recognizes Morsi as victor.
- June 2012: In a victory speech, Morsi vows to instate Shariah law, turning Egypt into an Islamic theocracy, and also promises to free jailed terrorists. He also demands Obama free World Trade Center terrorist and Brotherhood leader Omar Abdel-Rahman, a.k.a. the Blind Sheik, from U.S. prison.
- June 2012: State grants visa to banned Egyptian terrorist who joins a delegation of Brotherhood officials from Egypt. They’re all invited to the White House to meet with Obama’s deputy national security adviser, who listens to their demands for the release of the Blind Sheik.
- July 2012: Obama invites Morsi to visit the White House.
In 2009, Hillary Clinton was appointed Secretary of State and hired Huma Abedin as deputy chief of staff, despite known family ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Townhall: “Maya Dillard Smith, just quit her position at the civil rights organization over the issue.
Smith, a Democrat who was open minded to learning more about transgender issues, said there was no room for dialogue at the ACLU.
She told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly she tried to engage with the organization on the issue after she once entered a women’s public restroom with her young daughters and three transgender individuals entered, all over six feet tall, with deep voices, “all obviously men.”
The incident left her children “visibly frightened” and her feeling “very uncomfortable.”
Opinion: The progressive liberal talking points:
- Bathrooms and fights for civil rights go hand-in-hand
- Transgender people have to fight for authenticity as well as equality
- To opponents, “bathroom bills” suggest that what transgender people feel isn’t valid
- Conservatives argue that such bills are necessary to protect people’s privacy and public safety
- No evidence has been uncovered showing that such fears are warranted
Evidently, Maya Dillard Smith’s children didn’t get point 5.
In 2008 Barack Hussein Obama won the presidency with 365 electoral votes to McCain’s 173; he received the largest percentage of the popular vote for a Democrat since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964.
Just 5 days earlier he promised the “Total Transformation of America”.
The people cheered.
NY Times: “The new mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said on Wednesday that his election in the face of a divisive campaign highlighting his religion is a lesson to Donald J. Trump that Islam is perfectly compatible with Western values. Mr. Trump is “playing into the hands of extremists” and is “ignorant about Islam,” Mr.[...]
(map shows all of the earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 or greater that have hit Japan’s southern island over the last week) Zero Hedge: “This strange shaking began toward the end of last week when the globe was struck by five major earthquakes over the space of just two days, and over the weekend the seismic activity[...]
Zero Hedge: “There were some rumors reported late last week that the world’s biggest chip maker was about to fire a major portion of its workforce. Moments ago the company confirmed these rumors, when it reported that it was firing a whopping 11% of its entire workforce, laying off a massive 12,000 workers. The restructuring[...]
BIN News: “On Friday, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) Executive Board in Paris adopted a resolution erasing Israel’s ties to the Temple Mount and the Western Wall. The UNESCO resolution referred to the Temple Mount area solely as the Al-Aqsa Mosque or Al-Haram Al Sharif, ignoring the Jewish claim to the site. The[...]