Arutz Sheva: “The United States will not take the floor at the main U.N. human rights forum on Monday during the annual debate on violations committed in the Palestinian territories, a US spokesman told Reuters.
The step is unprecedented. The UNHRC is a notoriously anti-Israel forum where Washington has always defended Israel.
The Obama administration has said in recent days that it is undertaking a “reassessment” of relations with the Jewish state.”
Opinion: Previous UNHRC actions:
- October 25, 2912 UNHRC calls for boycott of American companies that do business in Israel
- February 1, 2013 ““The United Nations says Israel must withdraw all of its citizens from the regions of Judea and Samaria”
- April 25, 2013 “UN Human Rights Council “expert” Richard Falk Bostonians got what they deserved in marathon attack”
- June 20, 2013 “IDF troops use Palestinian children as human shields and informants”
- 2006-2007 UNHRC enacted 22nd anti-Israel resolutions and did not pass a single resolution on Sudan’s genocide in Darfur.
47 HRC members include worst human rights abusers
- Saudi Arabia
UNHRC list of current members here.
FACT: The UNHRC has more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined.