The Daily Caller: “The Justice Department granted immunity to Hillary Clinton lawyer Cheryl Mills in order to gain access to a laptop computer that would have otherwise been tied up in litigation for years, FBI Director James Comey testified Tuesday.
“Having done this for many, many years, a grand jury subpoena for a lawyer’s laptop would likely entangled us in litigation over privilege for a very long time,” Comey told Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse during a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing.
“And so by June of this year I wanted that laptop, our investigators wanted that laptop, and the best way to get it was through negotiation.”
Opinion: FBI Chief James Comey who was/is clear that no charges would be or should be filed against the former Secretary of State or her staff, and that there is absolutely nothing unusual about granting immunity in order to obtain evidence from innocent staffers who are somewhat reluctant to say anything but:
“On the advice of counsel, I invoke my Fifth Amendment privilege against self-
Since the list of people connected with the investigation has continued to grow, we would be remiss if we didn’t keep a list of the Clinton staffers who have received immunity from prosecution and refuse to talk anyway:
- Bryan Pagliano: Former Clinton IT staffer who set up her server
- Paul (bleach-bit) Combetta: Clinton computer technician who erased emails
- Cheryl Mills: Former State Department Chief of Staff
- Heather Samuelson: Clinton aide and lawyer
- John Bentel: Former State Department’s information resources management office
- Seamus, Tally and Maisie: Current Clinton canine pets