JPost: Israel is battling to prevent a public-relations victory for the Palestinians at the UNESCO Executive Board in Paris, which is expected to disavow Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem on Independence Day.
Such a vote would provide Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas a boost when he meets with US President Donald Trump at the White House just one day later.
Opinion: There is so much converging in May 2017. It is almost amusing that men think they can control God’s holy city Zechariah 12:2.
- May 1-2: Celebrations commemorating the Israeli Declaration of Independence in 1948
- May 2: UN vote to deny Israel sovereignty over all of Jerusalem
- May 3: Mahmoud Abbas meets with President Trump at the White House
- May 14: The 69th anniversary of Israel’s prophesied rebirth (Isaiah 66:7-8)
- May 22: President Donald Trump is scheduled to arrive in Israel
- May 22-23: Jerusalem Day celebration commemorating the reunification of City of David in the aftermath of the June 1967 Six-Day War
“Let all those who hate Zion Be put to shame and turned back. Let them be as the grass on the housetops, Which withers before it grows up, With which the reaper does not fill his hand, Nor he who binds sheaves, his arms.” Psalm 129:5-7
The 5000 pound elephant: the United States Embassy move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.