It began with a 2-day back-to-back violent drop. Day 3 saw a big rebound, swiftly followed by two more days of gut-wrentching losses. And then finally, last Friday, the day saw massive swings both high and low, ending with a huge upside run.
During this period the S&P 500 lost more than 300 points. Since then, though, the market has been steadily rising.
Is the danger past? Are the markets safe once more?
And if so, did the markets recover organically? Or were they rescued by The Plunge Protection Team (PPT)?
The answer matters. more …
Opinion: “I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies,” Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor in 1816.
In 2008, they (big money-center banks) were ‘too big to fail’. So the big kahuna bank, the Federal Reserve, sprung into action.
- Print new money, they said
- Make failing investment brokers (Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs) banks, they said
- Bail them out, they said
The effects of the big bail-out that produced trillions in electronic money and debt is a time bomb waiting to happen.
From the article: Consider that, under the Greenspan/Bernanke/Yellen Federal Reserve, the following has occurred:
- Pension plans, both public and private have been ruined. Millions of future retirees and taxpayers will not have trillions of dollars they would and should otherwise have to support them in their later years.
- Income inequality is at the highest it’s been in over 100 years
- Wealth inequality is also at historical extremes
- Student debt is now nearly $1.5 trillion, up ~ $1 trillion since 2007
- More than a trillion dollars of interest payments on savings accounts has been forfeited — denying funds to the next generation for use in business creation, household formation, and education.
- Total debt in the US and globally is up massively since the 2008 Great Recession (itself a central banking accident), and now stands at more than $233 trillion worldwide.
Enter the Plunge Protection team (PPT):
The PPT was created by President Reagan to make financial and economic recommendations to various sectors of the economy in times of economic turbulence. The team consists of the Secretary of the Treasury, the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, the Chairman of the SEC and the Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
The theory is that the team manipulates markets by executing trades on several exchanges when the market isn’t behaving as it would like. It is said to only work with big banks such as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, to only report to the President, and to keep no records of trades.
An example of the PPT in action took place on election night November 8, 2016. When it appeared that Trump would win, the market plunged about 400 – 600 points, but by morning the market completely reversed.
Another example happened in the past few weeks, the Dow Jones Index of 30 stocks dropped 1175 points (666 in one day) and reversed by 50%, compliments of the PPT.
The question is, what if one day a global leader decides to let the markets fall? Then, only the ‘oil and wine’ (uber-wealthy), spoken of in Revelation 6:5-6 will have any money. People will be forced to work a full day to be able to buy food for 1 day, and since the government will have control of every transaction (Revelation 13:16-17), men and women will be eager to accept an identifying mark to be able to buy and sell.