BIN: The first known Ethiopian Jews to move to Israel with “official” permission since 2017 will shortly arrive in the country. After months of lobbying the government, the mother and siblings of Sintayehu Shaparou, the Ethiopian who competed in Israel’s 2018 Chidon HaTanach (International Bible) contest, are being granted residency status.
“We are finally seeing progress,” said A.Y. Katsof, director of The Heart of Israel, who raised $10,000 for flights and early resettlement costs of the family in Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu in northern Israel. more …
Opinion: “From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia
The daughter of My dispersed ones,
Shall bring My offering.“ Zephaniah 3:10
Want to have some fun? Tell three people that Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right now with Ethiopian Jews returning to Israel. Get ready for some blank stares.
Ethiopia is one of the Gog Magog nations that will attack Israel in the days leading up to the tribulation. It will not go well for the nations that attack Israel. God is removing His chosen ones.
Several Bible versions including the KJV and NKJV place Ethiopia and Libya as two African nation to join Russia (Rosh, Iran (Persia), and Turkey (Gomer) in a last ditch attempt to wipe Israel off the map. I believe, however that the ESV and NIV translate from the Hebrew better and include the Cush and Put nations (the places where some of the grandchildren of Noah settled):
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia
- Put (Son of Ham) Libya, possibly Tunisia and Algeria
It is importance to refer to both the OT and NT when studying prophecy:
- Ezekiel 39:28 God brings all His chosen to Israel before the tribulation
- Matthew 24:15-16 tells His chosen in Israel when they see the abomination (Antichrist in the temple) to flee to the mountains (Edom,southern Jordan) for protection
- Daniel 11:41 tells us all Jordan will be spared the ravages of Antichrist
- Zechariah 12:10 tells us it is in those mountains that Jesus will appear to His chosen and bring them to redemption
- Ezekiel 39:1-6 tells the outcome of the Gog Magog nations:
“Son of man, prophesy against Gog and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. I will turn you around and drag you along. I will bring you from the far north and send you against the mountains of Israel. 3 Then I will strike your bow from your left hand and make your arrows drop from your right hand. On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals. You will fall in the open field, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord. I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the Lord.“ Ezekiel 39:1-6