AA: Turkey, Russia, and Iran on Friday condemned the U.S. decision to recognize Israeli sovereignty over Syria’s occupied Golan Heights.
In a joint statement, the three guarantor countries of the Astana process for peace in Syria reaffirmed their strong commitment “to the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic and to the purposes and principles of the UN Charter.”
The statement came during a two-day meeting in Nur-Sultan, the recently renamed Kazakh capital, following an international meeting on Syria in the Astana format.
On March 25, U.S. President Donald Trump signed a presidential proclamation officially recognizing the highlands on the border with Syria as Israel’s territory. more …
Opinion: Why do Russia, Iran and Turkey care so much about the Golan Heights?
Could it be that a massive oil reserve was found there in 2015? Or could it be that the three amigos are planning an attack to take those reserves? Or could it be that all three were prophesied to attack Israel from the mountains in the days leading to the tribulation?
Yes, yes, and yes.
Ezekiel 38:1-3: “Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.”
- Gog is a prince of (Rosh) Russia; a title of a strong leader
- Magog is the 2nd son of Japheth (a son of Noah) who settled in what is today Russia
- Meshech and Tubal, once a part of Turkey
Ezek. 38:4 “I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords.”
- Gog will be unwilling participant
- A hooked bridle will control even a rebellious horse and turn him around with ease
Ezekiel 38:5 NIV “Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.”
- Persia is modern day Iran.
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia
- Put (Son of Ham) Libya, possibly Tunisia and Algeria
- Gomer, Beth Togarmah, Meshech, Tubal are ancient names for Turkey
- Many nations with you: possibly additional North African Islamic allies
“I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land”
- Gog is after Israel’s wealth Jeremiah 29:11
- Israel has been resettled after 2000 years Ezekiel 37:11-12
- Her people will be gathered from the nations Amos 9:15
- Jerusalem is the center of the land Ezekiel 5:5
(see more on Pre-Tribulation wars in Bible prophecy 101 chapter 6 here)