Discern (.com): In a dialogue with Catholic high school students in Rome this weekend, Pope Francis responded to a question about how to deal with atheists and people of other faiths by saying that Christians should never proselytize — and any who do are not truly Christians.
- [Speaking of having Jewish and Muslim friends]: “We are all the same, all children of God.”
- “It didn’t occur to me, and it doesn’t have to be like, saying to a boy or a girl: ‘You are Jewish, you are Muslim: come, be converted!'”
- “We are not in the times of the crusades.”
- “In front of an unbeliever the last thing I have to do is try to convince him. Never.”
- “But listen: Never, never bring the gospel by proselytizing.”
- “If someone says they are a disciple of Jesus and comes to you with proselytism, they are not a disciple of Jesus.”
- “The Church does not grow by proselytism.” Read More …
🔦 Last year, Pope Francis told a grieving boy that his late father was in heaven, despite the fact that he was an atheist, because he had his children baptized. Read More …
Opinion: “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:18-20
There is no salvation without the Son (Acts 4:12):
“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
The pope is turning his flock upside down essentially creating a false gospel of following one’s conscience; much like the False Prophet will also create a false gospel about the Antichrist.
In 2013 Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.”
“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”
1 John 2 warns Christians to beware of Antichrist deceivers:
“For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an Antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.”