- Faced with an existential threat, EU member states, far from joining together to confront the pandemic as a unified bloc, instinctively are returning to pursuing the national interest. After years of criticizing U.S. President Donald J. Trump for pushing an “America First” policy, European leaders are reverting to the very nationalism they have publicly claimed to despise.
- Ever since the threat posed by coronavirus came into focus, Europeans have displayed precious little of the high-minded multilateral solidarity that for decades has been sold to the rest of the world as a bedrock of European unity. The EU’s unique brand of soft power, said to be a model for a post-national world order, has been shown to be an empty fiction.
- In recent weeks, EU member states have closed their borders, banned exports of critical supplies and withheld humanitarian aid. The European Central Bank, the guarantor of the European single currency, has treated with unparalleled disdain the eurozone’s third-largest economy, Italy, in its singular hour of need. The member states worst affected by the pandemic — Italy and Spain — have been left by the other member states to fend for themselves.
- The European Union, seven decades in the making, is now unravelling in real time — in weeks. Read More …
Opinion: Have you noticed that clues of end time prophecies are coming rapid fire? What is a watchman but one who knows from studying God’s word that what is written will happen perfectly. After that, it is hard to stay silent.
According to Daniel 7:24 the 4th beast, the revived Roman empire, will have 10 states with 10 presidents for a time.
“The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom …”
For that to happen, the EU will necessarily be restructured from 27 states to 10. That is a given. In Bible Prophecy 101 chapter 10, we have the events in this order:
- Peace treaty is signed between Israel and many (Daniel 9:27)
- The Tribulation/Day of the Lord Begins:7 Seal Judgments (Rev. 6:1-8)
- Temple is built – animal sacrifice restored (2 Thess. 2:3-4)
- Revival of the Roman Empire, 10 nation confederacy formed. (Dan. 7:23-24)
Since all that happens after the catching up of the church (1 Cor, 15:51-52; 1 Thess. 4:16-17), we must be getting close. Did I mention it is now Spring time?
Last Sunday my wife posted Song of Songs 2:8-13. If you missed it be sure to take a look (here). It describes a man in love coming for His bride. For us it is a rare Old Testament clue of the coming rapture when Christ comes for His bride the church.
One part that fascinates me is that it happens in Spring.
See more of Unfulfilled Prophecy in Bible Prophecy 101 chapter 10 here