Assessment: In first UN address, Biden defended the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan, bowed to Iran, and expressed support for the two-state solution
JPost: US President Joe Biden addressed the UN General Assembly in New York for the first time since taking office on Tuesday. He called on world leaders to join forces “to build a better future” and to address joint challenges such as climate change and COVID-19.
He also dedicated parts of his speech to defend the US’s chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan. “I stand here today for the first time in 20 years with the United States not at war. We’ve turned the page,” Biden said. “All the unmatched strength, energy, commitment, will, and resources, our nation are now fully and squarely focused on what’s ahead of us, not what was behind.”
“We’ve ended 20 years of conflict in Afghanistan, and as we close this period of relentless war, we’re opening a new era of relentless diplomacy,” said Biden.
Opinion: A more accurate headline would say: In his first UN speech, Joe Biden bragged about Afghanistan, bowed to Iran, and cursed Israel twice.
President Joe Biden learned nothing in almost 50 years as a high government official.
- August 14 Biden orders US troops out of Afghanistan then orders 5000 back
- August 17 Biden defends chaotic withdrawal of US troops out of Afghanistan
- August 19 Biden meets PM Bennett of Israel pushes 2 state solution – again
- August 30 Hurricane Ida slams New Orleans leaving 1 million without power
- September 2 Hurricane Ida drenches Maryland, New Jersey and New York
How does Genesis 12:3 go again?
“I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”