BBC News: “Since the downing of the Russian jet by Turkish forces in November, relations between Turkey and Russia have been in a pattern of controlled tension. The war of words has been interesting to watch.
On Tuesday, came another round. Turkey accused Russia of an attack on a hospital in Idlib – something Moscow denied. In retaliation, Moscow called on Ankara to withdraw troops from northern Iraq immediately.
Later in the day though, a departure from the months-long, tough rhetoric came surprisingly from Turkey‘s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.”
Opinion: Without the sure and perfect word of Bible prophecy any answer to the headline’s question would be a guess. But thanks to the prophet Ezekiel we can be absolutely certain that the rift between Russia and Turkey will be healed:
The War of Gog and Magog
Ezek. 38:1-3 “Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.”
There is agreement among Dispensational prophecy scholars:
- Gog is a prince of (Rosh) Russia; a title of a strong leader.
- Magog is the 2nd son of Japheth who was a son of Noah
- Josephus, the first century Jewish historian, identified the offspring of Magog as the Scythians (Edomites from Judea and Persia) who were known as brutal, horse-riding nomads that resided in the area of modern-day southern Russia and East Ukraine.
- Meshech and Tubal, once a part of (Turkey/ including Armenia.)
Ezekiel 38:5 NIV “Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.”
- Persia is modern day Iran.
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia.
- Put (Son of Ham) Libya possibly Tunisia and Algeria
- Meshech, Togarmah, Gomer and Beth Togarmah are ancient names for Turkey
- Many nations with you: possibly additional North African Islamic allies
Ezekiel’s prophecy places Turkey, Iran and 4 Islamic nations in league with a Russian prince. The alliance is to plunder (Ezekiel 38:13) Israel, which, before 2010, was hard to identify.
Between the 2010 massive natural gas find in the Israel’s Levant, the 2010 shale oil find in the Negev, and the 2015 massive energy find in the Golan, the plunder, after 2500 years, is coming into view
Israel is becoming a threat to Russia’s oil and gas customers. Turkey’s overt disdain for the Jewish state has been growing since the 2010 Mavi Marmara flotilla, while Iran recently fired to ballistic missiles with the words ‘Israel must be wiped off the earth’ written in Hebrew.
As for the 4 North African Islamic participants, the hatred of Israel is in the DNA.
So yes, Virginia, the rift between Russia and Turkey will heal.