Al Monitor: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan broke his silence over the crisis engulfing his country’s closest Arab ally Qatar today, condemning the actions of the group of Gulf countries that cut off ties with the emirate over its alleged support for extremist groups and Iran.
In a related move, Erdogan’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) has decided to fast-track bills to deploy Turkish forces in Qatar and train Qatari troops in its legislative agenda. Turkey is building a base in Qatar that will eventually host up to 10,000 troops under an accord in which Turkey pledged to defend the Gulf state.
His comments came before a surprise meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in Ankara. Iran’s envoy is believed to have requested the meeting to discuss the dispute. Speaking to reporters in Ankara amid news of today’s terrorist attack in Tehran, for which responsibility has been claimed by the Islamic State, Zarif underlined the need for greater cooperation between Turkey and Iran. more …
Opinion: For years we wondered how Sunni and Shia nations would overcome their ideological and deep religious differences to fight a common enemy, Israel, in the prophesied Psalm 83 and Gog and Magog wars.
Excerpt: Blood Feud chapter 7
Compare the armies in two future wars. Ishmaelites are in the Arabian desert while the Edomite/Amalekites are in southern Israel and surrounding Arab nations.
Psalm 83:6-8: (notice that the Psalm 83 invaders represent both Edom and Ishmael (a reference to the marriage of Esau to Ishmael’s daughter).
- Edom and Amalek – (Palestinians of southern Israel) – Edomites
- Philistia – (Palestinians of Gaza) – Edomites
- Ammon, Moab – (Arabs of central and northern Jordan) – Edomites
- Gebal and Tyre – (Arabs of northern and southern Lebanon) – Edomites
- Assyria – (Arabs of Syria and northern Iraq) – Edomites/Kurds (Medes)
- Ishmaelites – (Arabs of Saudi Arabia) – Ishmaelites
Ezekiel 38:1-6 Gog is a prince from the far north
- Magog – Russia
- Persia – Iran/Shia
- Meshech, Togarmah, Gomer, Tubal – Turkey/Sunni
- Cush – Ethiopia, Sudan/Sunni
- Put – Libya/Sunni
Hatred of Israel has been the Shia/Sunni common denominator since time immemorial.