CNN: “Disturbances that included gunfire, massive brawls and food-court fights played out at more than a dozen malls across the country in what proved to be a chaotic day after Christmas.
The mall incidents, which ranged from minor melees to mass evacuations, occurred nationwide from Colorado to Tennessee, Texas to New Jersey.”
Opinion: In 2 Timothy 3:1-5 Paul prepares Timothy for the collapse of society in the last days, which encompasses the entire time between the death of Christ and His return.
Paul speaks of an extraordinary list of behaviors:
- Lovers of themselves – Lovers of money
- Boastful, proud and abusive towards others
- Disobedient to parents, unholy and without love
- Unforgiving, slanderous, without self control
- Having a form of godliness but denying its power
- Lovers of pleasure rather than love of God.
Paul seemed to consider that these characteristics had already entered the world and ends the warning with this:
From such people turn away!