Jerusalem Post: Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif was very content during a trip to Turkey on Friday. He said it was productive and smiled alongside his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu. He said it was a “wonderful” trip where he spoke with his “brother Cavusoglu.”
The trip signals the growing alliance that Turkey and Iran have in the region.
He claimed that Biden’s recent comments about Russian President Vladimir Putin were unacceptable and “not fitting of a president.” Read More …
Opinion: A Biblical world view of the headline could read:
“The Gog Magog Alliance of Nations Come Into View”
Ezekiel 38:1-3 “Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.”
- Gog is a prince of (Rosh) Russia; a title of a strong leader.
- Magog is the 2nd son of Japheth (a son of Noah) who settled in what is today Russia
- Josephus, the first century Jewish historian, identified the offspring of Magog as the Scythians (Edomites from Judea and Persia) who were known as brutal, horse-riding nomads that resided in the area of modern-day southern Russia and East Ukraine.
- Meshech and Tubal, once a part of Turkey.
Ezekiel 38:4 “I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords.”
The only nations not mentioned in the headline are Cush and Put.
Ezekiel 38:5 NIV “Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.”
- Persia is modern day Iran.
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia
- Put (third son of Ham) is the area of Libya, possibly Tunisia and Algeria
- Gomer, Beth Togarmah, Meshech, Tubal are ancient names for Turkey
- Many nations with you: possibly additional North African Islamic allies
Both Russia and Turkey sell arms to North Africa …
Headline: February 10, 2020
The Unexpected Alliance Between Turkey and Libya: ‘Gas Wars’ In The Mediterranean
“The unexpected alliance between Turkey and Libya is a geopolitical earthquake that changes the balance of power in the eastern Mediterranean and across the Middle East” read more
May 25, 2020
Russian arms exports to Africa: Moscow’s long-term strategy
Along with natural resources, arms exports are a key component of Russia’s economy. In the last two decades, Moscow has managed to deepen its connection with Africa and became the biggest arms supplier on the continent. read more
May 28, 2020
What Is Russia Doing in Libya? Escalation As Putin Sends Fighter Jets
“The U.S. has accused Russia of upping the stakes in Libya by sending fighter jets to support Russian mercenaries fighting there” read more