The Times of Israel: “The world’s largest body of Islamic nations has called for an emergency meeting over statements made last week by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that Israel would never relinquish control over the Golan Heights.
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation will meet Tuesday at its headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, to discuss “Israeli escalation against the occupied Syrian Golan,” joining others in the region to express alarm over Netanyahu’s declaration.”
Opinion: The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) was founded in 1969 and consists of 57 member states calling itself ‘the collective voice of the Muslim world’. The purpose of the OIC is no secret; push the Jews into the Mediterranean Sea.
Let’s explore if the OIC meeting could lead to Psalm 83.
While listening to a prophecy radio show on Saturday, the Psalm 83 controversy was discussed, as to whether the temple priest wrote of a pending war or of a prayer/lament.
In our BP 101 paper (home page), we present the debate from both sides. What is interesting to me is that these same teachers are confident that the Gog Magog war is a hot war, but avoid explaining Ezekiel 38:8:
“After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.”
Sword in Hebrew is war. Ezekiel’s war comes after a victory while Israel is living in peace:
“You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’— Ezekiel 38:11.
Since Israel has had no peace since its miraculous rebirth in 1948 because of the enmity of its neighbors, a logical conclusion is that those immediate neighbors are no longer a threat:
1. Edom (modern day Palestinians, West Bank and southern Jordan)
2. Moab (Palestinians, central Jordan)
3. Ammon and Lot (Palestinians, northern Jordan)
4. Amalek (Arabs of the Sinai, al Qaeda or Islamic Jihad)
5. Ishmaelites (Saudi Arabia)
6. Hagrites (Egypt)
7. Philistia (Gaza, Hamas)
8. The inhabitants of Tyre (southern Lebanon, Hezbollah)
9. Gebal (northern Lebanon, Hezbollah)
10. Assyria (Syria and Kurdish northern Iraq)
Now factor in that not one nation of Psalm 83 is present in the war of Gog and Magog:
- Persia is modern day Iran
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia
- Put (Son of Ham) Libya possibly Tunisia and Algeria
- Meshech, Tubal, Gomer and Beth Togarmah is Turkey
- Many nations with you: possibly additional North African Islamic allies
The tiny book of Obadiah deals exclusively with the judgment of Edom, Israel’s neighbors:
“The house of Jacob shall be a fire, And the house of Joseph a flame; But the house of Esau shall be stubble;
They shall kindle them and devour them, And no survivor shall remain of the house of Esau,” For the Lord has spoken.“ Obadiah 1:18