Debkafile: Israel, Iran, the US and Russia are engaged in secret talks for Israel’s acceptance of Iran as a nuclear threshold power in return for a US-Russian guarantee that Tehran will not cross the threshold to make a nuclear bomb. DEBKAfile: Kremlin sources say that reports of a forthcoming summit between Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, possibly on Oct. 22, attest to those talks making progress towards a deal.
A strong clue to this secret ploy also came from Washington. Last week, an Israeli delegation led by National Security Adviser Eyal Hulata met with his US counterpart Jack Sullivan for what was officially billed as a discussion of Plan B, should President Joe Biden’s bid to revive the 2015 nuclear accord with Iran fail. This presentation was meant to distract from the secret track afoot brokered by the two big powers on the Iranian nuclear issue.
Straight after the two security advisers ended their talks, Secretary of State Antony Blinken was on the phone to Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow. He next called Israeli FM Yair Lapid and arranged for them to meet in Washington next week.
DEBKAfile draws three conclusions from these interchanges:
- Russia is for the first time (since the original 2015 nuclear accord) joining the US in an intensive round of secret talks for resolving the Iranian nuclear issue by diplomacy.
- Moscow, although Iran’s leading nuclear power provider, is amenable to a mediation effort for bridging the nuclear dispute between Tehran and Jerusalem.
- Putin agrees to join the Biden administration in guarantees that would bar Iran from going past the threshold to actually develop a nuclear weapon. Moscow would further guarantee Iran’s honoring of the new accord, on which Moscow, Washington, Iran – and Israel, too, this time round – are toiling.
Opinion: This one takes the cake. Prime Minister Bennett wears a yarmulke but must have skipped right over the chapter in Ezekiel that prophesies a Russian led invasion of Israel that will be joined by Iran, Turkey and at least 4 North African nations (Ezekiel 38:1-6).
Prophecy Tracker will also draw three conclusions:
- If the US is indeed the ‘young lions’ in Ez. 38:13 depicted as powerless, Russia will play the US as fools for abandoning Israel at it’s most venerable time when her bars and gates are down: Ezek. 38:7-9
- Russia needs to stay in the ME to keep an eye on the coming EastMed pipeline that will make Israel a competitor to Russia’s natural gas sales to Europe
- Any deal the US and Israel make with Russia will be forgotten the moment Russia’s best interests are violated
How else could a surprise Gog Magog invasion happen but for a Biblically starved world.