The Drive: Turkey has reportedly signed a deal to co-produce the S-400 surface to air missile system with Russia. The plan has already provoked criticism from the country’s fellow NATO members and could further strain its relations with the alliance.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan made the announcement during a parliamentary meeting with other members of his Justice and Development Party, more commonly known by its acronym AKP, on July 25, 2017. Turkey and Russia have been negotiating the arrangement since November 2016 and Turkish officials reported these talks were in their “final stage” in April 2017.
“We have now taken steps with Russia about this issue. Deals have been inked,” Erdoğan told the AKP MPs. “In God’s will, we will see S-400 missiles in our country and precede the process with joint production.” more …
Opinion: Erdogan (pronounced “Air-doh-wahn”) also inked his part in Bible prophecy. Over the millennia Turkey was called by four different names …
… and all four, Tubal, Meschech, Gomer, and Togarmah are listed in Ezekiel 38:1-6 as part of the Gog Magog invasion:
“I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.” Ezekiel 38:3-6
Notice Ezekiel says that God will bring the armies out with “hooks in the jaw” meaning reluctance on the part of the armies. Considering that Israel’s Prime Minister is an OT Bible student, and Israel is thought to have over 250 nukes pointed at the capital of every name on Ezekiel’s list, would make any nation reluctant to attack.
But attack they will, and if we have the order of events right, Israel’s victory will be the last war before the 7 year tribulation begins.
God will use this war in miraculous ways:
- Ezekiel 38:23 To magnify Himself to the nations, that they will know the Lord
- Ezekiel 39:7 To make His name known ‘in the midst’ of His people’ Israel
- Ezekiel 39:11 To bury Gog and his attackers in the land of Israel and cleanse the land
- Ezekiel 39:21 To set His glory among the nations so that all will see His judgment on His people
- Ezekiel 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know the Lord their God from that day forward
- Ezekiel 39:28 So Israel will know that the Lord their God sent them into captivity but brought them back from the land leaving none behind