Israel Hayom: Three UK Labour members have left the party with one of them calling it “plainly institutionally anti-Semitic.”
David Triesman, Ara Darzi and Leslie Turnberg join seven other former members who quit Labour due to the anti-Semitism inside the party, [which is] led by Jeremy Corbyn.
“We may one day be the party of anti-racism once again, but it certainly isn’t today,” wrote Triesman, who is Jewish, in his letter. “My sad conclusion is that the Labour Party is very plainly institutionally anti-Semitic, and its leader and his circle are anti-Semitic having never once made the right judgment call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice. The number of examples is shocking.” more …
Opinion: This past week I received a group email from a prominent local attorney who leads a Thursday morning men’s Bible study. I have been a part of the group for over 15 years, but in the past few years, since the group meets early before work, it has been difficult for me to attend since the early mornings are my busiest time of day for this blog.
But this email asked the question: “Where are the watchmen in our homes, work place and churches” (referencing Ezekiel 33:1-6), and I could not resist asking the leader for 10 minutes to respond. Mike welcomed the discussion that wound up taking most of the hour.
After one of the men read Ezekiel 33, I began my talk by re-reading Ezekiel 33:6 to emphasize the importance of the message for each man present.
“ But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.”
Here is a summary of my talk:
Two Trumpets need to be blown for our churches: One for the rise of anti-Semitism, and the second for liberal progressive ideology that has watered down the Gospel and has infiltrated the denominations.
I noticed instant interest in the men’s eyes so I then went into where I believe it began.
In the second century AD, a teaching began by an early church father that the Bible was not meant to be read literally. That man, Origen, became know as the ‘father of allegory’. Two hundred years later, Chrysostom and Augustine adopted that teaching and out of that Amillennialism (no literal second coming of Christ), and replacement theology (God transferred the blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant to the church) were born.
Jews became the ‘killers of Christ’.
Fast forward to the Reformation. Martin Luther rightfully turned the church upside down with Grace through Faith alone for salvation, but fierce anti-Semitism was evident in his writings. In the 1700’s a church-centered teaching crept in. Covenant Theology’s main teaching was/is the Covenant of Grace and Works. The church did not just replace Israel in God’s plan but the Church is Israel.
Finally in the 1800’s, Dispensational teaching brought back the literal reading of Scripture and the recognition that Israel and the church are separate, and equal, in God’s plan. Unfortunately, Dispensational Theology is taught in a very small percentage of churches.
With Scripture open to man’s interpretation (symbolism/allegory), the church became open to any and all evil.
I opened the Introduction to the Two Trains study (here) and read recent headlines from Europe and the United States (both with Christian majorities), emphasizing that they are all a fulfillment of prophecy:
Anti-Semitism in the EU:
- July 1, 2019 Jewish Press “Germany: More Than 223 Anti-Semitic Attacks in 1st Quarter of 2019”
- July 8, 2019 Algemeiner “Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown Blasts Own Labour Party for Antisemitism”
- July 6, 2019 Jewish Press “EU Report: 44% of Young European Jews Face Anti-Semitic Harassment”
- July 5, 2019 Israel Hayom “Think tank predicts another mass immigration to Israel”
- January 15, 2019 Jewish Press “World Council of Churches trained 1800 anti-Israel activists”
Anti-Semitism in the US
- May 3, 2019: JPost “MASSIVE 82% SPIKE IN ANTISEMITIC HATE CRIMES IN NEW YORK CITY, NYPD FINDS
- May 6, 2019 Breitbart: “Not One Democrat Presidential Candidate Defended Israel During Rocket Attacks”
- May 16, 2019 PJ Media “Seriously? Just Days After Rashida Tlaib’s Holocaust Comments She Becomes First Muslim Woman to Preside Over House
- July 1, 2019 Jewish Press “Americans Refusing Services to Jews? Yep. It’s Coming”
- July 6, 2019 Breaking Israel News “California Sees Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes Increase by 21 Percent”
The rise of anti-Semitism is leading to the time of Jacob’s trouble:“Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble, But he shall be saved out of it.” Jeremiah 30:7
“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.” Matthew 24:9
Liberal Progressive ideology in the church:
- October 21, 2017 PJ Media “Church of Laodicea is here: Lutheran Church Stops Preaching the Gospel”
- July 5, 2018 Newsweek “God: Male of Gender Neutral? Episcopal Church Begins Debate”
- January 29, 2019 “United Methodist Church Gearing Up For Full and Official Affirmation of LGBTQ”
- July 5, 2019 Prophecy News Watch “Presbyterians Descend into Depravity with Drag Queen Service, First Non-Binary Pastor”
- July 11, 2019 Ken Ham’s Blog “Episcopal church Maine: “She has spoken through the prophets” – Is the Holy Spirit a she?”
“ For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.” 2 Timothy 4:3-4