YNet News: BERLIN – NATO’s secretary-general said Saturday the alliance wouldn’t come to Israel’s defense in case of attack by arch enemy Iran.
Jens Stoltenberg told the magazine Der Spiegel in comments published Saturday that Israel is a partner, but not a member and that NATO’s “security guarantee” doesn’t apply to Israel.
Stoltenberg said NATO isn’t involved in Mideast peace efforts or in conflicts in the region. more …
Opinion: Jens Stoltenberg doesn’t know it, but the Bible not only prophesies that no nation’s army will come to Israel’s aid, but we are even told what they will say when a Russian-led invasion of Israel happens:
Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?
- Sheba and Dedan are cities in Saudi Arabia
- Merchants of Tarshish represents Spaniards who sailed from Spain to bring back tin (Britain)
- The lion is the symbol for Britain – young lions may then represent America and colonies. (All three nations are depicted as powerless)
Isn’t it interesting that the very real prospect of Iranian nukes has pushed Saudi Arabia into a guarded relationship with Israel while Britain is being over run by Muslim migration? And is it coincidental that the most Israel friendly president in 70 years is all for exiting the Middle East?
That no nation will come to Israel’s aid in a future Russian led invasion is because God will use this war in miraculous ways:
- Ezekiel 38:23 To magnify Himself to the nations, that they will know the Lord
- Ezekiel 39:7 To make His name known ‘in the midst’ of His people’ Israel
- Ezekiel 39:11 To bury Gog and his attackers in the land of Israel and cleanse the land
- Ezekiel 39:21 To set His glory among the nations so that all will see His judgment on His people
- Ezekiel 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know the Lord their God from that day forward
- Ezekiel 39:28 So Israel will know that the Lord their God sent them into captivity but brought them back from the land leaving none behind.