WND: It’s apparently not enough for Americans to undergo background checks when they purchase firearms. Now Democrats have introduced new legislation requiring background checks for the purchase of ammunition.
The bill – which was introduced in the U.S. Senate by Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., and in the House by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla. – would close a so-called “loophole” in federal law that bans convicts, domestic abusers and mentally ill people from buying ammunition but doesn’t mandate background checks to stop those individuals from making the purchases.
“Ammunition sales should be subject to the same legal requirements as firearm sales, and that includes instant background checks,” Blumenthal said in a statement reported by the Washington Examiner Monday. “The same laws that prevent dangerous individuals from purchasing firearms also prohibit them from amassing arsenals of ammunition.” more …
Opinion: Definition of Progressive: happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step.
- Abortion was once for rape, incest and for the life of the mother only. That progressed to partial birth abortion.
- Barack Obama’s evolution on same-sex marriage progressed to several self-proclaimed Christian denominations’ acceptance
- Don’t ask, don’t tell in the military progressed to open homosexuality and gay chaplains
- Recognition of transgenderism progressed to a loss of sexual identity
- Compassion for migrants from terror countries has progressed into no-go zones and a rising rate of rapes and assault in the EU
Barack and Michelle Obama not only supported the students’ gun march this past weekend but said: “You’re Leading (progressing) Us Forward.”
Imagine how fast secular progressives will be ready for the final dictator once the Church of Jesus Christ is no longer in the way.
“For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed …”
When the restrainer (Holy Spirit) goes, we go (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).