Jerusalem online: Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov has said that Israel’s plans to annex Palestinian territories in the West Bank will put an end to the prospect of a two-state solution and will most likely provoke a new round of violence in Palestine.
“It is possible that the new Israeli coalition government may start acting on these statements very soon, extending Israeli sovereignty to the West Bank. We believe that such an action would have extremely adverse consequences.
In our opinion, the annexation of some Palestinian territories by Israel would preclude the implementation of the two-state solution and would most likely provoke a new round of violence in Palestine and further aggravate the already high discontent in Arab quarters,” he said. Read More …
Opinion: It is unanimous. The whole world (minus Evangelical Christians and conservative Jews) is against Jacob (Genesis 35:10) and on the side of Esau (Genesis 36:1).
What part of Arab rejection of a two-state solution does Vladimir Putin not get?
Israel: 50 Year Timeline 1917 – 1967
1917: World War I coming to and end: Britain signs the Balfour Declaration that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people in the area of Palestine
1918: World War I ends
1919: The Ottoman Empire, which backed Germany in the war, collapses. The Middle East lands are divided up among the allies.
- League of Nations awarded Britain mandates over Transjordan, Palestine, and Iraq.
- League of Nations awarded France mandates over Syria and Lebanon.
- Britain awarded the entire land of Palestine to Israel (the Jewish people) with no territorial restrictions.
- They were granted both sides of the Jordan River, totaling 43,075 square miles. A few months later, Britain, under pressure, altered the Balfour Declaration and took back 32,460 square miles, or 78 percent of the original land grant.
- That land was then given to establish Transjordan creating a state for Arabs and a state for Jews leaving Israel with approximately 9,500 square miles.
- The UN proposed a further reduction of land for Israel to 5,560 square miles, or 13 percent of the original land grant. Seventy-five percent of Israel’s allotted land was desert.
- Israel was pushed to land on the West Bank of the Jordan River.
- Israel’s land mass became 5,560 square miles; Arab land mass equaled 6,700,000 square miles.
- The Arab world rejected the United Nations Partition Plan that would have created an Arab state and a Jewish state inside Israel – Israel accepted. read more
Since 1947 the Arab world has turned down a two-state solution on multiple occasions always demanding impossible concessions:
- Arab capital in East Jerusalem/Temple Mount
- Jew-free land in Judea and Samaria
- Jew-free corridor connecting Judea with Gaza
- Right of return of 13 million Arab refugees
- Israel’s return to all the 1967 borders
But it looks like a Palestinian state may happen. President Trump’s ‘deal of the century’ offers it again and Prime Minister Netanyahu will be hard pressed to turn it down after all the president has done for Israel.
It is a trap the whole world will be caught in.
Even though Edom has said,
“We have been impoverished,
But we will return and build the desolate places,”
Thus says the Lord of hosts:
“They may build, but I will throw down;
They shall be called the Territory of Wickedness,
And the people against whom the Lord will have indignation forever.” Malachi 1:4