Al Monitor: The Trump administration staged a warm welcome for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and the Saudis are pleased by the president’s choice for his third national security adviser, John Bolton. But behind the warm words and photo ops, there were few substantive accomplishments, and criticism of the prince and the kingdom outside the administration is growing.
Trump, while hosting the prince March 20, held up posters showing prospective US arms sales to the kingdom. The president spoke of how rich the Saudis are but complained that they weren’t spending enough on American weapons, implicitly admitting that the $110 billion arms sale he trumpeted in May 2017 in Riyadh was oversold. The prince looked uncomfortable as the president said Saudi purchases since the summit had been “peanuts” and as the president held up the boards to show the deals he wanted.
The Saudis are buying more munitions from the United States for the air war in Yemen, but Mohammed’s biggest weapons deal so far is a $7 billion one to buy 48 Eurofighter Typhoons from the United Kingdom. more …
Opinion: Are we really trusting the Saudis again? Is 9/11 that far from view? Was the Trump/Saudi $110 billion arms deal ever real?
Inquiring minds …
There is an ominous verse in Ezekiel 38:13 that may point to a weakened outcome for both the US and Saudi Arabia:
“Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?”
- Sheba and Dedan are cities in Saudi Arabia
- Merchants of Tarshish represents Spaniards who sailed from Spain to bring back tin (Britain)
- The lion is the symbol for Britain – young lions may then represent America and colonies. (All three nations are depicted as powerless)
In Gog Magog (Ezekiel 38-39) no nation will come to Israel’s aid and that is by divine design. God will use this war:
- Ezekiel 38:18-21 To win the hearts and minds of His people
- Ezekiel 38:23 To magnify Himself to the nations, that they will know the Lord
- Ezekiel 39:7 To make His name known ‘in the midst’ of His people’ Israel
- Ezekiel 39:11 To bury Gog and his attackers in the land of Israel and cleanse the land
- Ezekiel 39:21 To set His glory among the nations so that all will see His judgment on His people
- Ezekiel 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know the Lord their God from that day forward
- Ezekiel 39:28 So Israel will know that the Lord their God sent them into captivity but brought them back from the land leaving none behind.
Once the true House of Jacob is back in the land and the peace treaty is signed, Daniel’s 70th week will commence.
(See more on the Seventy Weeks of Daniel in BP101 here)