“The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days to the Lord.” Leviticus 23:34
Sukkot is the final of the three Fall Feasts of Israel.
THE FIRST COMING: The four spring feasts focus on the first advent of the Messiah. These look at His death, burial, and resurrection, as well as the sending of the Holy Spirit.
Christian Prophetic view:
- Passover – Christ was crucified on this feast
- Feast of Unleavened Bread – He knew no sin (leaven) and His body did not decay
- Firstfruits – He rose from the dead on the third day
- Feast of Weeks – The Holy Spirit began the church of Jesus Christ (Pentecost)
THE SECOND COMING: The three fall feasts focus on the second advent of the Messiah and point to what He will accomplish in the future.
- Feast of Trumpets – Christ likely came and will come again on the Jewish New Year
- Day of Atonement – The Jews will mourn for Him and be saved
- Feast of Tabernacles – Christ will reign on earth and be with His people for 1000 years
Click HERE for today’s study on Sukkot.