Breaking Israel News: “The Temple Institute has initiated the second stage towards building the Temple: compiling a list of Jewish priests who will be eligible to prepare the red heifer and serve in the Temple, Rabbi Chaim Richman, the International Director of the Temple Institute, announced on Monday. The announcement coincides with the weekly Torah reading that describes the preparation of the red heifer.
The registry will include men who have a clear patriarchal heritage from the priestly class (descendants of Aaron), were born and raised in Israel, and have observed the laws of purity incumbent upon priests. This includes not coming into proximity with the dead, so priests, or kohanim, who were born in hospitals, have visited hospitals, or have entered cemeteries are not eligible.
Opinion: Why red?
Genesis 36:1 “Now this is the genealogy of Esau, who is Edom.” Edom is Hebrew for red.
Hebrews 12:16: “See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son.”
Daniel 12:10 prophesies that in the last days, “many shall be purified and made white”; a reference to the purification ritual of the Red Heifer.
The Bible associates war, sin, and Satan with the color red.
“Red” in Hebrew is Edom, Genesis 36:1.
“And the first came out red. He was like a hairy garment all over; so they called his name Esau” (Gen. 25:25, emphasis added).
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool” (Isaiah 1:18, emphasis added).
“Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another” (Rev. 6:4, emphasis added).
“And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads” (Rev. 12:3, emphasis added).
“And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns” (Rev. 17:3, emphasis added).
- The universal color of communism from the handbook of Karl (Mordecai) Marx, who was Jewish, is red.
- The Nazi swastika is black on a white circle set in a red background.
Before Jesus returns, He ends the hatred between Jacob and Esau:
The Second Coming; God ends the evil in Edom (Isaiah 63:1-3)
“Who is this who comes from Edom, With dyed garments from Bozrah (Edom’s capital), This One who is glorious in His apparel, Traveling in the greatness of His strength?—
“I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”
Why is Your apparel red, And Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?
“I have trodden the winepress alone, And from the peoples no one was with Me. For I have trodden them in My anger, And trampled them in My fury; Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, And I have stained all My robes.”
The Purpose of the Red Heifer sacrifice:
- This was a ceremonial ritual in the Old Testament sacrificial system, Numbers 19:1-10.
- There will again be a temple of God in Jerusalem, Ezekiel chapters 41-45.
- The antichrist will desecrate the temple (Matthew 24:15), and for that to occur, there will have to be a temple in Jerusalem once again.
- In order for a new temple to function according to the OT law, a red heifer will have to be sacrificed for the water of cleansing used in the temple
- To provide for the water of cleansing (Numbers 19:9), another term for purification from sin. After the red heifer was sacrificed, her blood was sprinkled at the door of the tabernacle.
- When a red heifer with all the right qualifications is born (which is quite unusual) it will be a sign that the temple will soon be rebuilt.
“A man who is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer and put them in a ceremonially clean place outside the camp. They are to be kept by the Israelite community for use in the water of cleansing; it is for purification from sin” (Numbers 19:9).
The imagery of the blood of the heifer without blemish being sacrificed and its blood cleansing from sin is a beautiful foreshadowing of the blood of Christ shed on the cross for believers’ sin, Hebrews 13:11-12.
When will the Third Temple be built:
Since no one can be sure when the temple will be built we can examine clues:
At the end of the great war of Gog and Magog, the Jews will recognize God (Ez. 39:22) and demand a temple for sacrifice. According to Ez. 38:29 all Jews will be called back to the land.
Prophecy points to the arrival of a peacemaker (Rev. 6:1) who will deceive the world and enforce a false peace between Israel and the many, Daniel 9:27.