The New American: In 2015, the United States and several other nations cut a deal with Iran, easing sanctions on the regime in exchange for increased monitoring of its nuclear development activities. The agreement was sold by the Obama administration as reducing the amount of nuclear fuel Iran could keep. It also extended the “breakout time” considered necessary for the Iranians to create a nuclear bomb, and opened up some of Iran’s nuclear facilities to constant monitoring, while subjecting others to inspections only after a waiting period.
In agreeing to the deal, Congress required the president to certify that Iran is living up to the deal, and President Donald Trump announced Friday that he was going to invoke “decertification” of the deal, throwing its continued life into the lap of Congress.
In his announcement, Trump vowed that Iran would “never, and I mean never” acquire a nuclear weapon. “Our policy is based on a clear-eyed assessment of the Iranian dictatorship, its sponsorship of terrorism, and its continuing aggression in the Middle East and all around the world.” more …
Opinion: The Iran nuclear deal (JCPOA) could never have happened without the joint effort of Barack Obama and his 38-year-old national security fabulist, Ben Rhodes (with whom Obama was said to “mind-meld”).
Rhodes said this: “The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns… They literally know nothing.”
Thus they would believe what he told them.
The two men succeeded in remaking Iran’s image around smiling Hassan Rouhani …
… in much that same way Obama convinced the world that the Muslim Brotherhood eschewed violence in 2009.
Iran was/is the only United Nations member state openly committed to the annihilation of another member state: Israel.
Here is what Iran got away with:
- Testing ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons
- US inspections of Iranian nuclear facilities are prohibited
- Iran continues to legally enrich limited amounts of uranium
- Iran continues its research and develop a new generation of centrifuges and intercontinental missile technology
- Allows Iran to test rockets that can deliver satellites into orbit that could be reconfigured for nuclear weapons
- Does not require Iran to dismantle any of its nuclear facilities
Here is what the world’s #1 state sponsor of terror has been doing:
- Providing missiles and weapons for terror groups Hezbollah and Hamas
- Sent large contingent of Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) fighters and troops to its Lebanese proxy militia Hezbollah
- Playing a vital role in propping up Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria
- Funding hard-line Shia militias in Iraq that commit human rights abuses against the Sunni minority
- By supporting the Houthi (Shia) rebels in Yemen Iran fueling a devastating civil war and humanitarian crisis against Yemen’s internationally recognized Sunni government
- Iran’s government speaks openly of mass murder and ‘death to America’
The end result will be Iran’s role in prophecy as characterized by Ezekiel 2500 years ago.
(For more Iran’s role in prophecy see chapter 7 of our e-book ‘Blood Feud’ here)