The New American: “Under the leadership of various Communist Chinese agents within the United Nations, the UN’s Internet Governance Forum (IGF) met in Mexico last week and concluded with calls for greater international controls and more “global governance” of the World Wide Web.
The controversial UN IGF gathering was the first annual summit of governments, dictators, tax-funded “civil society” outfits, academics, and tech companies since Obama surrendered U.S. oversight over crucial components of the Internet’s architecture such as ICANN.
It was also the first IGF summit since the mass-murdering dictatorship in China, which censors the Web and savagely persecutes dissidents, boldly announced last month its intent to subordinate the free and open Internet to its draconian vision of “global governance.”
Opinion: With all that has gone on since the November election we are reminded that on September 30, 2016, Barack Obama handed control of the internet to a “global multi-stakeholder”.
The topics discussed at the Mexico summit:
- The importance of addressing online abuse (intended to justify online censorship)
- Sustainable development (climate change, controlling global natural resources)
- Access and diversity (youth and gender challenges pertaining to the Internet)
- Protection and promotion of human rights online (cybersecurity, censorship)
- Dealing with radicalized expression (conservative viewpoints, anti-UN sentiment, nationalist or anti-globalist expression)
- Chinese dictator Xi Jinping whose government enslaves over 1.3 billion people called for stepped-up “global governance”: “The sound use, development and governance of the internet thus calls for closer cooperation.”
The UN dictators club is just delighted with Obama’s internet hand over, and it appears that the only person who can possibly get it back is Donald J. Trump.