Israel 365: It was announced on Tuesday that senior ambassadors from several European countries, including Germany and France, boycotted a Fourth of July event held earlier this month at the US Embassy in Jerusalem, reportedly because their countries do not recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
Yerushalayim built up, a city knit together, to which tribes would make pilgrimage, the tribes of Hashem, —as was enjoined upon Yisrael— to praise the name of Hashem. Psalms 122:3 Psalms 122:3 (The Israel BibleTM)
They also objected to the location of the US Embassy which is in a section of Jerusalem that was a UN-monitored demilitarized zone from 1948-1967 separating Israel from an area in Judea that was illegally occupied by Jordan.
The Trump administration recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in late 2017 and then moved its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in 2018. This marked the first time the traditional Fourth of July event was held at the US embassy in Jerusalem. Read More
Opinion: Pop quiz
What is the primary reason that France and Germany boycotted the Jerusalem event?
- France and Germany favor a Palestinian state with its capital in East Jerusalem
- France and Germany are experiencing a rise in anti-Semitism not seen since the 1930’s
- France and Germany criticized Trump’s decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem
- The European Union is the most likely place for the revived Roman Empire, Daniel 2:40-43
- The European Union will give rise to Antichrist, Daniel 9:26
- All of the above