Most Americans have never heard of Congressional Bill H.R.5.
- HR 5 erases women
- HR 5 endangers our children
- HR 5 adds more government regulations and threatens religious freedom
So what is it? You may know of it as the Equality Act
It directs religious K-12 schools and daycare centers to force children to obey adults who show up at work one day as a man and the next day as a woman. T\
It demands that every religious adoption agency place innocent children in homes with adults involved in same-sex conduct
It forces property owners to accept renters whose actions violate their religious beliefs
It forces businesses to hire and welcome LGBTQ people into their privately-owned home
It forces women’s shelters to accept men posing as a “transgender” to gain access to the facility
- Churches would be forced to host same-sex ceremonies.
- Churches will lose tax-exempt status for noncompliance.
- Colleges will lose accreditation for noncompliance.
- Noncompliant colleges will be ineligible to receive student loans, causing most religious schools to compromise their core mission or close.
- If churches or religious organizations take overnight trips, including sports or mission trips, they cannot segregate rooms by biological gender.
- Biological men will have access to bathrooms, showers, and nursing-mother rooms at any time, and stay as long as they please.
- Churches would be forced to hire staff involved in LGBTQ conduct, even positions of authority in affiliated daycare classes and give them complete access to all children in the restrooms.
- Cross-dressers could demand that they be greeters, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and more.
- Even the smallest slight would give someone the legal right to sue the church. For example, if a person assumed they were turned down for a staff position because of a LGBTQ lifestyle, they could sue the church for damages, even if that was not the reason they were denied the job!
H.R. 5 passed the House of Representatives in May and Senator Chuck Schumer has said he plans to bring it to a vote before June 30, the end of ‘Pride’ month.
President Biden has vowed to sign H.R.5
We can all do something.
Sign up to protest this dangerous bill by going to Liberty Council (.org) HERE