Aljazeera: East Africa’s largest indoor arena in Rwanda; a national mosque in Ghana; an army base in Somalia; and an almost 400km-long railway project which would help give landlocked Ethiopia direct access to major trade routes through the port of Djibouti.
These are just some of Turkey’s increasingly growing footprints across sub-Saharan Africa as Ankara has over the past two decades sought to present itself as an alternative player in a continent that has long witnessed fierce competition between traditional European powers and newcomers.
Nonetheless, Turkey’s outreach might bear more fruit as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is set to kick off another round of a diplomatic tour on Sunday that covers Angola, Nigeria and Togo.
Alongside the signing of new deals, the trip will also see business forums banding Turkish and local business people together in each country in a bid to cultivate relationships and agreements. Read More …
Opinion: Prophecy comes to life in news stories every day for those who take the time to see.
“The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. Ezekiel 38:1-3 NIV
- Gog is a prince of (Rosh) Russia; a title of a strong leader.
- Magog is the 2nd son of Japheth (a son of Noah) who settled in what is today Russia
- Meshek and Tubal were once a part of Turkey.
“This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah. from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.” Ezekiel 38:4-6 NIV
- Persia is modern day Iran.
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia
- Put (third son of Ham) is the area of Libya, possibly Tunisia and Algeria
- Gomer, Beth Togarmah, Meshek, Tubal are ancient names for Turkey
- Many nations with you: possibly additional North African Islamic allies
Translation: Gomer is strengthening its relationship with Cush and Put and that, my friends, is a prophecy getting ready to be perfectly fulfilled.