Arutz Sheva: The Diaspora Ministry released its annual report on global anti-Semitism Sunday ahead of International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
The coronavirus pandemic has been used to spread anti-Jewish and anti-Israel conspiracy theories across the globe according to the Diaspora Ministry’s report.
According to the report, while coronavirus lockdowns led to a decrease in personal anti-Semitic encounters, there was a 10% increase in online anti-Semitism in 2020 compared to 2019. Among the attempts to link Israel to the disease were the hashtag COVID48, a reference to Israel’s founding in 1948 which appears to be part of an Iranian disinformation campaign which was shared 250,000 times.
In another worrying sign, nine out of ten American Jews say that anti-Semitism is a problem, while eight out of ten say that it has increased over the last few years. Read More …
Opinion: In the introduction to our paper “Two Trains: Israel and the Church in Prophecy” there is a frightening list of anti-Semitic actions perpetrated by Christians and Gentiles against Jews beginning in the 2nd century after the crucifixion:
Anti-Semitism In The Church Age – The Mystery of iniquity
“For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way” 2 Thessalonians 2:7.
- Replacement Theology: 2-5th century – AD God changed His mind and transferred the blessings of Abraham to the church
- Blood Libel: 12th-14th – Jews accused of using blood of Arab children to make Matzoh
- Spanish Inquisition: 15th century – Convert to Catholicism or die
- Reformation: 16th-17th century – Protestant/Catholic churches continue Replacement Theology
- Covenant Theology: 18th century – Protestant shift ‘the church is Israel’
- Pogroms: 18-19th century Russia – government sanctioned murder of Jews
- Nazism: 20th century “Final Solution” – 6 million Jews are murdered
- EU Boycott Divest Sanction: 21st century against products made in Israeli settlements
- US Democrat Party: 21st century House of Representatives condones anti-Semitic tropes against Israel
- 21st century resurgence ‘Blood Libel’ (added to the list).
The global resurgence in anti-Semitism is a precursor that the world is near the onset of the Tribulation – God is calling His chosen home, Ezekiel 39:28: “… then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer.”
See “Two Trains” by chapter here