- National Interest: French President Emmanuel Macron recently created a stir when he advocated the creation of a European army to defend Europe against Russia — without having to rely on the United States. Though President Trump has questioned the need for NATO and accused the European allies of freeloading off American defenses, he responded to the idea of Europe defending itself by bringing up France’s defeat in 1940.
“This image’s head was of fine gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay.” Daniel 2:32-33
France could just as easily bring up Pearl Harbor. But macho boasting of military prowess aside, there are good reasons to question the viability of a European army.
“I would rather fight a coalition than be a part of one,” said Napoleon Bonaparte, a man who knew how to lead French armies to victory against multiple coalitions over nearly two decades. Napoleon knew that an alliance is only as strong as its weakest link.
And a pan-European army would have numerous weak links, of which the political would be the biggest. Unlike its main enemy (Russia) or its muscular big brother (the U.S.), Europe is not a unitary actor. The European Union is more of an economic bloc than a true United States of Europe, and the Brexit of Britain and the growing populist movements in Italy and other nations don’t bode well for continental integration. British officials have already rejected the idea of an EU army as undermining and duplicating NATO.
So, who would make the decision to commit a European army to war? Read More ,,,
Opinion: Ok class who can answer that question?
“Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.” Daniel 7:23
Devour the whole earth would require the most awesome army and firepower in history. US, EU, Canada and NATO combined under Antichrist perhaps?
The Bible tells us of 4 power blocs leading up to the final battle of Armageddon.
- King of the North: Syria, nations to the north of Israel (Dan.11:40)
- King of the South: Egypt, (North Africa), nations to the south of Israel (Dan. 11:40)
- Western Alliance, Beast Army of Antichrist – revived Roman Empire (Psalm 2:1-4; Dan. 11:40; Rev.16:14, 19:19)
- Kings of the East – China India, Nations to the east of Israel (Rev. 16:12)
The Battle concludes with Christ and His armies at the hill of Megiddo; Dan. 11:40-45
Located 60 miles north of Jerusalem, the immensity of the plain is so astonishing that when Napoleon Bonaparte first viewed it in 1799, he was reported to have said: “All the armies of the world could maneuver their forces on this vast plain…There is no place in the whole world more suited for war than this…[It is] the most natural battleground of the whole earth”.