BESA Center: The shrinking of the American presence in Eurasia will accelerate the creation of new spheres of influence. The US will still be a prominent player, but its power will be significantly curtailed and the global institutions it has built will decay—the inevitable result of illiberal states ganging up on the last remnants of the liberal order remaining in the heart of Eurasia.
A world without American primacy could prove a dangerous place.
In comparison with the powers of the past, American dominance in world affairs was more benevolent. During its worst stage—the unilateral period, particularly since the early 2000s—the US made numerous mistakes which may have stoked resistance among several Eurasian behemoths. Pushing liberal hegemony too hard causes a push-back of illiberalism. Read More
Opinion: A world without American primacy is exactly what Bible prophecy calls for in the 7 year tribulation period.
Two superpowers dominate two 3.5 year periods:
- Gog Magog (Ezekiel 38-39) is a Russian-led invasion of Israel made up of at least 7 nations (Ez. 38:1-6) that takes place after the Jewish nation defeats her neighbors in the Psalm 83 war. Gog, a Russian prince, will try to take Israel’s great wealth (Ez. 38:13) and eliminate the Jewish state forever.
God Himself intervenes (Ez. 38:18-21)
2. Armageddon, (Hebrew Har Meggido), located in central Israel is the site of the final war. The China-led invasion begins in Jerusalem and culminates in the Jezreel Valley. The Kings of the East will have made their way across a dried up Euphrates to join forces with the Antichrist.
Jesus Christ returns (Rev. 19:13-16)
The Bible tells us that the final war will have 4 world power blocs:
Battle of Armageddon:
- King of the North: Syria, (Iraq) nations to the north of Israel Dan.11:40)
- King of the South: Egypt, (Africa), nations to the south of Israel (Dan. 11:40)
- Western Alliance, Beast Army of Antichrist – revived Roman Empire (European Union/United States) (Psalm 2:1-4; Dan. 11:40; Rev.16:14, 19:19)
- Kings of the East – China (India), nations to the east of Israel (Rev. 16:12)
Look at the world around us. What nations are showing great strength? Is it the United States under a progressive president? Or is it Russia and China?