(Chile’s President Gabriel Boric speaks during a ceremony introducing new cabinet members in Santiago, Chile, September 6, 2022. (AP Photo/Luis Hidalgo)
The Times of Israel: In a severe diplomatic incident, Chile’s president, a bitter critic of Israel, on Thursday refused to accept the credentials of new Israeli Ambassador Gil Artzyeli.
President Gabriel Boric’s spurning the Israeli envoy appeared to be a grave breach of diplomatic protocol and threatened to cloud relations between the two countries.
Boric rebuffed Artzyeli after being angered by the Israeli military killing a 17-year-old Palestinian during clashes with gunmen in the West Bank overnight, Ynet reported.
Artzyeli had been scheduled to present his credentials to Boric as a formality, but the Chilean government informed him that the ceremony had been canceled because of Israel “killing children in Gaza,” the report said.
Artzyeli had already arrived at the president’s residence for the ceremony, Walla reported. Read More …
Opinion: From college campuses, to the halls of the US Congress, to the United Nations, and all points in-between, anti-Semitism is running rampant.
I guess President Gabriel Boric doesn’t know how empires like Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and more recently, Great Britain, have fallen because of their treatment of God’s land and people.
Maybe I should send him my post on Queen Elizabeth who never stepped foot on Israeli soil after 70 years in power, and the consequences that are still being felt for her former empire …
Excerpt: The mighty British Empire was at the peak of power:
Britain signed the Balfour Declaration that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people.
World War I ended, the Ottoman Empire collapsed, and the Middle East was to be divided up.
- League of Nations awarded Britain mandates over Transjordan, Palestine, and Iraq.
- League of Nations awarded France mandates over Syria and Lebanon.
- Britain awarded the entire land of Palestine to Israel with no territorial restrictions.
Israel was granted both sides of the Jordan River, totaling 43,075 square miles.
- A few months later, Britain, under pressure from Arabs, altered the Balfour Declaration and took back 32,460 square miles, or 78 percent of the original land grant.
That land was then given to establish Transjordan (modern-day Jordan) for the Arab peoples, leaving approximately 9,500 square miles for Israel.
- The UN proposed a further reduction of land for Israel to 5,560 square miles, or 13 percent of the original land grant. Seventy-five percent of Israel’s allotted land was desert.
- Israel was pushed to land on the West Bank of the Jordan River.
- Israel’s land mass became 5,560 square miles; Arab land mass equaled 6,700,000 square miles.
- The Arab world rejected the United Nations Partition Plan that would have created an Arab state and a Jewish state side by side in Israel. Israel accepted.
In 1948, the tiny nation of Israel was born as the sun began to set on the British Empire.
There is no time stamp on Genesis 12:3. In fact the nations will be judged on the treatment of God’s people and their land at the end of the tribulation to come.
“For behold, in those days and at that time, When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land.” Joel 3:1-2
Chile’s president is in serious error.
See our paper “The Regathering of God’s People (Part 2)” HERE