Arutz Sheva: The Wiesenthal Centre Director for International Relations and Observer to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva, Dr. Shimon Samuels, on Thursday sat through three excruciating hours of defamation of the State of Israel.
Twenty-nine of the slanderous member-states were Muslim, including some Abraham Accords signatories: Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan and – an otherwise friend of Israel – Azerbaijan (speaking on behalf of the non-aligned members). These states committed a blood libel against the Jewish State.
Only the United Arab Emirates made a more balanced statement: “We wish to see two states at peace, Israel and Palestine side by side.”
- Libya, Bahrain and Iraq called for an updated international boycott
- Maldives stressed Israeli denial of vaccines to Palestinians
- Namibia added that Israeli denial was “choking” Palestinians to death
- Pakistan claimed 700 sick Palestinians were without treatment in Israeli jails
- Algeria accused Israel of racism
- Lebanon condemned all “Jewish” provocations permitted by the pandemic
- Iran, for its part, attacked “the United States, Canada and the Netherlands for accepting “crimes against Palestine.”
- Chile denounced Israel’s blockade of Gaza while Venezuela expressed anger at the European member-states who boycotted the session Read More
Opinion: The story is told of King Louis XIV of France asking Blaise Pascal for a proof of the existence of God. The reply was immediate. “The Jews, your majesty”, replied Pascal.
We can imagine King Louis asking a second question, asking Pascal for a proof of the existence of the devil. Equally immediately the answer could have come. “Anti-Semitism, your majesty”, would be the reply, “hatred of the Jews.”
The nations rage against God and His people:
Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.” Psalm 2:1-3
23 UN resolutions this year:
The UNGA adopted 17 resolutions against Israel this year, compared with six for the rest of the world.
Israel cannot participate in UN talks on human rights, racism and a number of other issues.
Israel is the world record holder for violating UN resolutions.
On October 13, 2020 the UN General Assembly elected Bolivia, China, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, France, Gabon, Malawi, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Senegal, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan to the Human Rights Council (HRC) for the 2021-2023 term.