Assessment: King Abdullah calls for creation of a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as capital – says last Gaza-Israeli war underscores that the situation is unsustainable
In a pre-recorded speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Jordan’s King Abdullah II called on Wednesday to revive the option of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
He called for the creation of a Palestinian state established on the pre-1967 Six-Day War borders with East Jerusalem as its capital and added that fighting between Israel and Gaza-based Palestinian terrorist groups last May underscored that “the current situation is simply unsustainable.” Read More from YNet News HERE
Opinion: Seeing as how King Abdullah II has only ruled since 1999 after taking the throne from King Hussein who named him king hours before his death, he probably needs a little review of history.
It was Abdullah I who was in power in 1922 when Britain shaved off 78% of the post WWI Balfour Declaration agreed upon allotment of land for Israel and established Jordan.
Timeline for the original 2 state solution
- 1917: Britain signed the Balfour Letter that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people.
- 1919: World War I ends – the Ottoman Empire, who sided with Germany in the war, collapses.
- 1922: The League of Nations awards Britain mandates over Palestine and Iraq. Britain awards the entire land of Palestine, both sides of the Jordan River to the Jewish people.
- Britain bowed to pressure from the displaced Arab peoples and cut out 32,460 sq. miles or 78% of the original land grant to establish a home for the Arab peoples (two state solution)
- The sun began to set on the British Empire in accordance with Genesis 12:3:
And there it is. One state for Jewish people and one state for Arab people since 1922. Now if only supposedly educated world leaders could wrap their minds around that.