Joel Rosenberg: 40% of Americans see COVID as prophetic, an 11-point jump since March 2020, ALL ISRAEL NEWS learns
JERUSALEM—The introduction of the novel coronavirus into the world in December 2019, and its lightning fast spread around the planet, has rattled people in every country, including Americans.
COVID has taken the lives of more than six million people worldwide.
It has changed the way we travel, the way we do business, the way we run schools and affected so many other areas of life.
Now, a new survey indicates that Americans think something far more significant is in motion than simply a nasty disease.
Fully four-in-ten Americans believe that the COVID pandemic is a sign that biblical prophecy is coming to pass and that we are living in the “last days” before the return of Christ.
- Two-out-of-three Evangelical Christians believe this.
- But so do one-in-four American Jews.
- And almost one-in-three self-identified “secular” Americans.
In the New Testament, the Lord Jesus Christ gave a list of signs that would precede His Second Coming.
In addition to horrific wars, Jesus prophesied that terrible “plagues” would spread across the earth.
- “As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately saying, ‘Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?’ And Jesus answered and said to them, ‘See to it that no one misleads you….You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom….all these are merely the beginning of the birth pangs.’” (Matthew 24:3-8)
- “Then He continued by saying to them, ‘Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven….But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.’” (Luke 21:10-11, 28).
Read More @ All Israel HERE