(Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Italian Minister of Enterprises Adolfo Urso in Rome, March 10, 2023)
Jewish Press: “You’re going to fall off your chair,” reporter Yossi Baum tweeted Monday night and continued: “It looks like the prophet’s vision of the end of times, but these are the facts: Israel is becoming a superpower. Our tiny country is becoming an extremely dominant and significant player vis-à-vis Europe, in a way that completely changes the rules of the game in the Middle East, including vis-à-vis the Palestinian Authority. This is unbelievable!”
Netanyahu’s visit to Italy and Germany this past weekend was intended to conclude a major deal for a $9 billion natural gas pipeline to be carried out by an American company with US funding. Also: in Berlin, Netanyahu reportedly signed a $3 billion arms sale to Germany. The deal was announced in September but was delayed because of the elections. Also: when Netanyahu hops to London next weekend, he is expected to seal another huge arms deal.
Needless to say, he had my attention.
Baum references the EastMed pipeline, a planned offshore/onshore natural gas pipeline directly connecting the energy resources off the shore of Israel to mainland Greece and from there to Europe. The initiative is conducted by the Gas Forum of the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, which was established by Israel, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Jordan, Egypt, France, and the Palestinian Authority. The US, European Union, and Emirates have observer status in the forum. The EastMed initiative was signed in Israel in 2019, under the auspices of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, but the change of governments in Israel and later the war in Ukraine led the Biden administration to announce at the beginning of 2022 that it was withdrawing its support from the initiative, due to “environmental considerations.”
What was that? one might have asked, the pipeline posed risk to some rare breed of crustation? Read More …
Opinion: For students of Bible prophecy this is indeed a fall off your chair moment. The EastMed pipeline that would send Israel’s vast natural gas reserves to Europe was signed by Donald Trump in 2018 and cancelled by Joe Biden in 2022, is back.
” … Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?” Ezekiel 38:13
From the Article:
1. According to estimates, the pipeline should deliver more than 5 billion euros worth of Israeli natural gas annually to Europe over the next 15 years
2. According to Prof. Eytan Sheshinski, the Sir Isaac Wolfson Professor of Public Finance at Hebrew University, the annual benefits that will go to the state of Israel’s “wealth fund” from the deal should be around 60%, meaning an annual contribution to the fund of at least 3 billion euros ($3.21 billion)
3. Europe will do anything to obtain Israel’s natural gas. Judging by the current negotiations with Germany, Berlin is prepared to completely change course regarding the lavish aid it provides to the Palestinian Authority and anti-Israel “charity” associations.
4. Israeli natural gas reach all of Europe, including Norway, which is a major supplier of oil, gas, and electricity.
5. In addition to the gas pipeline, additional pipelines will be built along the same route, to transfer oil, electricity, and Internet fiber optic cable. These should connect to the pan-European system.
6. As a result, Israel is becoming a significant player in Europe, which now needs Israel more than the other way around. Baum suggests that, like Turkey and Germany, every European action regarding the Israeli-PA conflict, and every UN vote will be examined from now on in light of the new circumstances (in other words, help the PA construct illegal construction in Area C or get heat this winter).
Ezekiel’s prophecy of Russia forming an alliance (Ez. 38:1-6) to take Israel’s ‘plunder‘ has been a topic for debate for over 2500 years by prophecy followers.
In Daniel 12:4 we learn that in the last days, Bible prophecy will become clear as knowledge of God’s word unfolds:
“But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”
See Bible Prophecy 101 for more on the Gog Magog war HERE