“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Tim. 2:15)
God has committed unto us 66 infallible, inerrant Books which we are to faithfully study, allowing the truth of His Word to become part of the very fabric of our being. We are then to teach others also (2 Tim. 2:2).
The diligent worker notices that there are many things in God’s Word that need to be carefully distinguished which are found throughout the whole Bible and never change:
- 1) the way of salvation—always “by grace through faith”
- 2) the nature and character of God–He never changes
- 3) the nature and character of Satan
- 4) the sinfulness of sin
- 5) the wickedness and deceitfulness of the human heart, etc.
There are other things that do not run throughout the whole Bible, but are for specific times:
- 1) Worshippers once brought a lamb, but this is not the case today
- 2) Under the law there were certain foods that were not to be eaten, but today every creature of God is good and nothing to be refused (1 Tim. 4:4)
- 3) Some animals are ferocious and carnivorous today but there is coming a time when this will not be the case (Isaiah 11)
- 4) God’s temple used to be a magnificent building constructed by the Jews but today God’s temple is a body of believers (1 Cor. 3:16), etc.
The Word of Truth, then, has right divisions and ignoring those divisions results in study with unnecessary and great confusion.
Click HERE to read today’s Study.