Palestinian Media Watch: Official representatives of the UK mission in Jerusalem have actively and openly adopted the position of the Palestinian Authority to ERASE ISRAEL.
On March 10, 2023, the Palestinian Authority held the annual “Palestine Marathon”. The marathon was held under the auspices of the PLO Supreme Council for Youth and Sports, which is headed by Jibril Rajoub. The official PA logo of the marathon, printed on marathon t-shirts, is a map of “Palestine” that entirely erases Israel. Rajoub was seen wearing the t-shirt at the concluding ceremony in pictures he posted on his Facebook page:
Posted text: “Pictures from announcing the winners of the 9th international Palestine Marathon, and honoring all the strategic partners, partners, and sponsoring companies and institutions.
The images show Fatah Central Committee Secretary Jibril Rajoub handing out honorary plaques. Rajoub is wearing a yellow shirt featuring the logo of the Palestine Marathon, which shows the PA map of “Palestine” that presents all of Israel together with the PA areas as “Palestine,” with a runner inside the map. Next to the logo is written in English: “Palestine Marathon: Freedom of Movement.”
[Fatah Central Committee Secretary Jibril Rajoub, Facebook page, March 10, 2023]
As previously exposed by Palestinian Media Watch, the use for the marathon of the PA map erasing Israel is nothing new.
While PA maps erasing Israel’s existence are commonplace, it is outrageous to see official representatives of any country, including the UK, adopting the PA stance. However, that is exactly what the British Consulate in Jerusalem did. Read More …
Opinion: You would think the Brits have had enough punishment. You would think the collapse of the most powerful empire in history would have taught an impossible to forget lesson. But no. UK leaders have not learned a thing.
The following, to the end, is an excerpt from our post on September 22, 2022.
“Why did Queen Elizabeth II never come visit Israel?
In her 70 years on the throne, Britain’s Queen Elizabeth traveled widely and visited many countries – nearly all the countries of the Commonwealth – Canada in particular. She visited Canada as many as 27 times, and after turning 50, she visited 43 different countries for the first time.
She visited Jordan, Egypt and other countries in the Middle East and North Africa – but never Israel. (from the Jerusalem Post)
Any discussion of Britain’s relationship with Israel needs to begin in 1917, one year before the end of World War I and 41 years before Israel becoming a nation.
The mighty British Empire was at the peak of power:
Britain signed the Balfour Declaration that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people.
World War I ended, the Ottoman Empire collapsed, and the Middle East was to be divided up.
- League of Nations awarded Britain mandates over Transjordan, Palestine, and Iraq.
- League of Nations awarded France mandates over Syria and Lebanon.
- Britain awarded the entire land of Palestine to Israel with no territorial restrictions.
Israel was granted both sides of the Jordan River, totaling 43,075 square miles.
- A few months later, Britain, under pressure from Arabs, altered the Balfour Declaration and took back 32,460 square miles, or 78 percent of the original land grant.
That land was then given to establish Transjordan (modern-day Jordan) for the Arab peoples, leaving approximately 9,500 square miles for Israel.
- The UN proposed a further reduction of land for Israel to 5,560 square miles, or 13 percent of the original land grant. Seventy-five percent of Israel’s allotted land was desert.
- Israel was pushed to land on the West Bank of the Jordan River.
- Israel’s land mass became 5,560 square miles; Arab land mass equaled 6,700,000 square miles.
- The Arab world rejected the United Nations Partition Plan that would have created an Arab state and a Jewish state side by side in Israel. Israel accepted.
In 1948, the tiny nation of Israel was born as the sun began to set on the British Empire.
Today, Britain is a mere shadow of its former glory, as the Palestinian issue still dominates the Monarchy in violation of God’s prophetic word:
“I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” Genesis 12:3