Arutz Sheva: A US official on Friday warned that Israeli construction in Judea and Samaria would inflame Israeli-Palestinian Arab tensions while impeding efforts to achieve a two-state solution, Haaretz reports.
“We believe it is critical for Israel and the Palestinian Authority to refrain from unilateral steps that exacerbate tensions and fundamentally undercut efforts to advance a negotiated two-state solution,” the official was quoted as having said.
“This certainly includes settlement activity which will make achieving a two-state solution much more difficult. It’s critical to advance steps that will promote calm and reduce tensions.”
The comment follows news that Israel will approve more than 2,000 new homes in Judea and Samaria. Read More
Opinion: Genesis 15:18 “On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:
“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates—”
While I have little hope that world leaders will study the Scriptures to understand God’s eternal plan for Israel, I will keep on posting the historic facts as long as foolish men continue advancing the two state solution. From our post March 18 here:
Israel’s victorious Six Day War of 1967 provided the nation with land previously mandated to it by the 1917 Balfour Declaration. From 1917 to 1947, Britain repeatedly made concessions to the Arabs handing them control of the West Bank (Temple Mount), the Sinai, the Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights.
In the Six Day War, Israel regained these natural God-made buffers which protect the Jewish state from annihilation. Since then, the UN has demanded that Israel give them back, i.e. “the 1967 borders”.
In exchange for peace that never came, Israel gave back control of the Temple Mount, the Sinai, and the Gaza Strip and parts of Judea and Samaria but has refused to hand over the Golan Heights, the most strategic buffer that was deemed Israeli territory by President Donald Trump.
Judea and Samaria, Israel’s heartland, including the City of David and the Temple Mount, will be the center of attention for the whole world in the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ.
- Zechariah 8:1 The prophet identifies the message is a revelation from God
- Zechariah 8:2 God’s zeal for Jerusalem is affirmed
- Zechariah 8:3 God will resume His presence with His people
- Zechariah 8:4-5 Jerusalem will be secure for young and old
- Zechariah 8:6 God’s future blessings will seem unbelievable to His people
- Zechariah 8:7-8 God promises to regather Israel and Judah will be fulfilled
- Zechariah 8:9-13 The people who hear these words are to be encouraged
- Zechariah 8:14-17 God affirms the certainty of the fulfillment of His divine purpose
- Zechariah 8:18: Like the preceding words this one is divided into sections
- Zechariah 8:19 God waited till now to answer questions from Bethel delegates
- Zechariah 8:20-23 In the future day of blessing people of the whole earth will join with the Jews because of their relationship with God, and the blessing (Genesis 27:28-29) Isaac gave to Jacob is fulfilled.
“Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Source: The Bible Knowledge Commentary John Walvoord, Roy Zook