Jewish Press: What is happening in American universities to Jewish students, and particularly those who support Israel even to a small degree, is appalling, and it hasn’t diminished as courses have moved online during the pandemic. Misoziony, “new antisemitism,” and plain old Jew-hatred that doesn’t even try to disguise itself have become part of the everyday experience of Jewish students in a way that would have been unimaginable for me or for my children when we were students.
One of the more distressing aspects of it is that it is not just coming from other students, but often from faculty and administrators.
The adult authority that is expected to protect students goes missing when the victims are Jewish. Administrators that are exquisitely sensitive to reports of microaggressions against “people of color” or sex/gender minorities, often act as though Jewish students do not deserve protection, because after all they are the most privileged of the privileged. Read More …
Opinion: Hatred that resulted in the Holocaust is making a resurgence while the world focuses on a different brand of racism. Anti-Semitism, which is the most obsessive, irrational, and extreme form of hatred against a people group, made its way into the early church with distorted theologies under the guise of Christianity.
Anti-Semitism In The Church Age – The Mystery of iniquity
“For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way” 2 Thessalonians 2:7.
- Replacement Theology: 2-5th century AD – Teaches that God changed His mind and transferred the blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant to the church
- Blood Libel: 12th-14th – Jews accused of using blood of Arab children to make Matzo
- Spanish Inquisition: 15th century – Convert to Catholicism or die
- Reformation: 16th-17th century – Protestant/Catholic churches continue Replacement Theology
- Covenant Theology: 18th century – Protestant shift ‘the church is Israel’
- Pogroms: 18-19th century Russia – government sanctioned murder of Jews
- Nazism: 20th century “Final Solution” – 6 million Jews are murdered
- EU Boycott Divest Sanction: 21st century against products made in Israeli settlements
- US Democrat Party: 21st century House of Representatives condones anti-Semitic tropes against Israel
The global resurgence in anti-Semitism is a marker that points to the coming time of Tribulation – God is calling His chosen home for protection and salvation:
“… then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer.”
“Alas! For that day is great,
So that none is like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble,
But he shall be saved out of it.”
And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
Excerpts: “Two Trains: Israel and the Church in Prophecy” here