Joel Rosenberg: It pains me to say it but I believe it is true. U.S.-Israeli relations are heading for a train wreck.
The Scriptures indicate that eventually every nation will abandon and turn against Israel. We’re not there yet, and we must pray America doesn’t turn against Israel and the Jewish people on our watch. That said, we’ve never seen an American President of either political party as consistently antagonistic towards our faithful ally Israel — and as sympathetic to our enemies like Iran — as we see today.
- Russia and Iran have just signed an historic military alliance.
- The leader of Saudi Arabia has died.
- There’s been a coup in Yemen.
- Genocidal conditions are emerging in Syria and Iraq.
- Hezbollah is threatening to launch a massive attack on Israel’s northern tier.