Daily Mail, UK:
- Remains of 215 children have been found at the site of the Kamloops Indian Residential School in British Columbia in Canada
- The remains were found with the help of a ground penetrating radar specialist after long-held suspicions about the fate of missing students
- One survivor told how children would suddenly disappear from the school without explanation, and sexual and physical abuse was common
- Many of those killed are feared to have died of diseases including tuberculosis, with survivors recalling how they endured physical and sexual abuse
- Canada’s residential school system forcibly separated more then 150,000 indigenous children from their families from 1863 to 1998
- A six-year Truth and Reconciliation Commission into the now-defunct system found in 2015 that it constituted ‘cultural genocide’
- The latest discovery is the first time a mass burial site has been found and is expected to set of a ‘wave of litigation’
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has described the discovery as ‘heartbreaking’
- An artist displayed 215 pairs of children’s shoes on the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery to create a space for ‘grief, reflection’ Read More
Kamloops Indian Residential School was the largest in the residential system. Opened under Roman Catholic administration in 1890, the school had as many as 500 students when enrollment peaked in the 1950s.
The Indian residential schools in Canada were predominately funded and operated by the Government of Canada and Roman Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian and United churches.
From the 19th century until the 1970s, more than 150,000 First Nations children were required to attend state-funded Christian schools as part of a program to assimilate them into Canadian society. They were forced to convert to Christianity and not allowed to speak their native languages. Many were beaten and verbally abused, and up to 6,000 are said to have died.
The Canadian government apologized in Parliament in 2008 and admitted that physical and sexual abuse in the schools was rampant. Many students recall being beaten for speaking their native languages; they also lost touch with their parents and customs.
Indigenous leaders have cited that legacy of abuse and isolation as the root cause of epidemic rates of alcoholism and drug addiction on reservations. Washington Post here
Headline: Last Real Indians February 1, 2016
Feb 1, 2016 – Over 50,000 Native Children Were Tortured, Sexually Abused and Some Murdered at Canadian Church-Run Indian Residential Schools
DON’T THINK IT WAS ONLY PEDOPHILE PRIESTS & NUNS THAT HAVE THE BLOOD OF NATIVE CHILDREN ON THEIR HANDS! THE ‘ROYAL’ BLOODLINES – THE GREATEST PARASITES OF HUMANITY – AND NOT THE ‘BENEVOLENT SOULS’ THAT THEY APPEAR TO BE TO THEIR FANS WHO IDOLIZE THEM – SHARE THIS GUILT AS WELL!
Global News March 28, 2018
No apology for Canada’s residential schools, Pope Francis says…
Pope Francis will not apologize to residential school survivors and their families for the role the Roman Catholic Church played in operating the schools or the abuses suffered by their students. read more