PJ Media: Why does Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) still have her position on the House Foreign Relations Committee? House Republicans stripped Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) of his committee positions after making his own controversial remarks.
Omar should have met the same fate. But considering recent history, it’s not surprising that Omar remains unpunished. It’s just the latest example of their party turning a blind eye to the rise of anti-Semitism in their ranks over the years—if not embracing it at times.
During his eight years in office, Obama surrounded himself with anti-Semites and Israel haters, and the Obama White House often aligned itself with Israel’s enemies over Israel. more …
Opinion: A trip down nightmare lane
- June 3, 2009 Fox News “Muslim Brotherhood Members Invited to Obama’s Cairo speech”
- March 20, 2010 New York Post “Obama Dumped Netanyahu and attends a private dinner”
- May 19 2011, CNN “Obama calls for Israel’s return to pre-1967 borders”
- August 20, 2012 Nola ” Obama’s ‘red line’ failure assured crisis in Syria”
- March 22, 2013 Breitbart “Obama Forces Netanyahu to Apologize to Turkey for Flotilla Incident”
Excerpt “Blood Feud” Chapter 10:
2013-2014: John Kerry began direct negotiations for peace between Israel and the Palestinians that ended in failure. In summer 2014, a war with Hamas called Operation Protective Edge broke out with over 2500 rockets fired from Gaza into southern Israel.
The Obama State Department expressed moral equivalence in calling for both sides to use restraint despite the obvious Hamas provocation.
The 2015 Iran nuclear deal further deteriorated the Obama/Netanyahu relationship. On March 3, 2015 Netanyahu gave a scathing rebuke of the Iran deal to Congress. In defiance, President Obama and 35 Democrats refused to attend the speech.
On September 10, 2015, the State of Palestine flag was raised at UN Headquarters. No words of protest came from the US president.
On September 30, 2016, President Obama spoke at the funeral of former Prime Minister Shimon Peres. A transcript released from the White House listed the location of the speech as:
Hours later a corrected transcript showed the location as:
UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization) followed with a series of votes and declarations designed to erase any Jewish connection to the Temple Mount – the US remained silent:
- October 13, 2016 UNESCO votes that there is no connection between the Temple Mount and Jerusalem
- October 26, 2016 UNESCO adopts a second resolution denying Jewish connection to the Temple Mount
The following series of moves by the Obama/Kerry team, in conjunction with the United Nations and the Vatican, led to the carefully orchestrated UN Security Council vote:
December 23, 2016, President Obama instructs Samantha Power to abstain, as 14 members of the UN Security Council passed Resolution 2334:
- That Israel′s settlement activity constitutes a “flagrant violation” of international law and has “no legal validity”
- It further demands that Israel stop such activity and fulfill its obligations as an occupying power under the Fourth Geneva Convention
December 28, 2016, John Kerry makes a 70-minute speech declaring Israeli settlements as the main obstruction to peace stating that Israel cannot be both a “Democratic state and a Jewish state.”
One More Headline:
January 20, 2017 New York Post “Obama sent $221,000,000 to the Palestinian Authority Hours Before Leaving Office”
Newly elected President Donald J. Trump blocked the payment.