“This may happen. … You can be sure it’s not going to be peaceful,” Borrell told the European Parliament, reported Reuters.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced on Tuesday that he plans to annex the valley if he wins re-election in the March 2 elections. Borrell also made clear his rejection of parts of U.S. President Donald Trump’s new peace plan meant to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Read More …
At stake is the future of the Temple Mount and Jerusalem, the most important city in the world. There is no way the nations, and especially the EU, will get this right.
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem.” Zechariah 12:2.
1917: World War I coming to and end: Britain signs the Balfour Declaration that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people in the area of Palestine
1918: World War I Ends
1919: The Ottoman Empire who backed Germany in the war collapses. The Middle East lands are divided up among the allies.
- League of Nations awarded Britain mandates over Transjordan, Palestine, and Iraq.
- Britain awarded the entire land of Palestine to Israel with no territorial restrictions.
- Israel was granted both sides of the Jordan River, totaling 43,075 square miles. A few months later, Britain, under pressure, altered the Balfour Declaration and took back 32,460 square miles, or 78 percent of the original land grant.
- That land was then given to establish Transjordan, leaving Israel approximately 9,500 square miles.
- 1922: With Israel pushed to the west of the Jordan River, the two state solution was in effect – one state for Jews and one state for Arabs
- 1948 – 2020: Arabs want another state inside Israel with East Jerusalem (which includes the Temple Mount) as its capital and the right of return of 15 million Arab refugees.
Europe is fine with that. And it is Europe, divided into 10 regions (Daniel 7:24) that is the most obvious headquarters of Antichrist:
“…And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary …” Daniel 9:26.
It was the Roman Empire under General Titus that destroyed the city (Jerusalem) and sanctuary (temple) in 70 AD, and it is somewhere in the ancient Roman Empire that is prophesied to be the place of origin of the 4th beast of Daniel 2:40 and Daniel 7:7.
The Fourth Beast: A beast so wicked there is no animal comparison, trampling the residue (earth) with its feet – he could come from any one of Rome’s provinces.
See our paper: Israel: 50 Year timeline 1917-1967 here